join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

JC_ to Rickkins

Premium Member

to Rickkins

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Vidéotron

said by Rickkins:

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and switch to the 60M 300G option.
How best to proceed...???

The only way to proceed is wait until the new prices go live.

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins

Oh.... I guess I thought that the announcement meant that they were live...

Well alrighty then...
ebaymtl
join:2013-03-06

ebaymtl to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
If I've signed up for the 24.95$ plan last week (videotron tech installation is this friday), will my plan automatically go up to 29.95$ a month??
Or do I get to keep my plan at 24.95$ for as long as I don't change speeds or plans?

Rickkins
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Silly question here, but when do these new plans go live..??
anynomous
join:2003-06-25
montreal

anynomous to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
hi

last month i recommended a friend to teksavvy, he chose the 30mbps unlimited plan @$70.
1- is he going to be affected by the new rate ($85)?
2- if yes to 1- what would be the price for moving from 30mbps unlimited to 30mbps 300gb

thank you

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by anynomous:

hi

last month i recommended a friend to teksavvy, he chose the 30mbps unlimited plan @$70.
2- if yes to 1- what would be the price for moving from 30mbps unlimited to 30mbps 300gb

thank you

1. From my experience TekSavvy does not grandfather their customers so as soon as the new the prices go live your friend should be changed.
2. Their is not charge with moving to a different cap within the same speed tier.
anynomous
montreal

anynomous

ok thanks for the fast answer
so no grandfathered customer and no charge for going from unlimited to 300gb
what about keeping unlimited, but going from 30mbps to 20 mbps

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by anynomous:

ok thanks for the fast answer
so no grandfathered customer and no charge for going from unlimited to 300gb
what about keeping unlimited, but going from 30mbps to 20 mbps

I believe that TekSavvy charges $5 to change speed tiers.
anynomous
montreal

anynomous

said by JC_:

ok thanks
i am going to tell my friend the "good" news about the price increase next time i see him , and probably going to lose some credibility in the process, you know you try to convince people from moving away from bell/videotron, and when they actually do, you come back 3 weeks later to tell them to expect a $15 increase on their bill.
well just a bad timing i guess

Rickkins
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins

Shit happens.
psor
join:2008-06-02
La Prairie, QC

psor to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I am happy!!

My 20 mbps 300GB is going down by 1$ + unlimited between 2am and 8am.

Thanks!
psor

1 edit

psor to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
For those of you who wants to be on 30 mbps Unlimited, I just found a way to save 8$.

Just subscribe to 75 Gigs - $51.95. There is an overage of 25$ maximum, which top up to $76.95 instead of $84.95

cbp
join:2005-11-24
Montreal, QC

cbp to JC_

to JC_
said by JC_:

If only $5 then that is acceptable. I thought TSI's "Move Fee" was also relating to speed tier change.

Can Marc confirm this?
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225

said by cbp:

said by JC_:

If only $5 then that is acceptable. I thought TSI's "Move Fee" was also relating to speed tier change.

Can Marc confirm this?

Teksavvy gets charged $5 from Videotron for a speed change. The move fee is when you move addresses.
phreshive
join:2013-02-20
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

phreshive to psor

to psor
said by psor:

For those of you who wants to be on 30 mbps Unlimited, I just found a way to save 8$.

Just subscribe to 75 Gigs - $51.95. There is an overage of 25$ maximum, which top up to $76.95 instead of $84.95

TSI Marc has yet to confirm that the overage cap would stay in place.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
He said he'd like it to, but it would probably change in price. You should expect the cap to be equal to or greater than the price difference between your limited-use package and unlimited.

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Jay_P to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Ok now that the dust has settled, I'll stay on 30/3 unlimited (soon 30/10) and pay the almost $100 per mo (tax in).

Been shopping around for the past few days. Here are my conclusions:

The difference between DSL 25/10 + dry loop and Cable 30/10 is approx $10 per mo.

10Gig aggregated link to Videotron vs balanced Gig-E's for Bell

30/10 Unlimited gives me an extra ~5 Mbps to play with downstream.

No setup/I keep using my sexy SB6180 vs $50/setup + $120 for VDSL2 modem

Winner=Cable 30/3 unlimited.
xtrike
join:2006-12-08
Montreal, QC

xtrike to JC_

to JC_
said by JC_:

said by anynomous:

hi

thank you

1. From my experience TekSavvy does not grandfather their customers so as soon as the new the prices go live your friend should be changed.

I'm rectifying myself from the previous post, pretty much in the same position as him, but I referred a friend of mine about 5 or 6 months ago, so do you think that he will be affected by the new rate?

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc, one small comment. It seems that Videotron is going to offer 15M speed in April (not only for business).

»[TGV] Du nouveau sur les accès internet TGV réside

Will you offer that speed as well?

And can you confirm once known 100% that for the usage only the download counts, for both cable and DSL in both provinces and all providers
xcimo
Fibe 50-50
join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC

xcimo to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc, have you guys considered not counting upload usage toward the limit at all?

Since most package have a high download / upload ratio. Its not likely that upload actually cost you anything?

Thanks
pldube
join:2011-06-11
canada

pldube to Jay_P

to Jay_P
said by Jay_P:

Wow that's bad, from 69.95 to 84.95.

REALLY bad ... 76$ with Vidéotron for unlimited

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by pldube:

REALLY bad ... 76$ with Vidéotron for unlimited

I'll pay the additional $10 for peace of mind, I remember too well when Videotron changed my 10/1 unlimited to 10/1 100 GB halfway in my contract.
Hemish
join:2012-05-31
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC

Hemish

Indeed. You can be sure that the unlimited overcharge fee will vanish from Vidéotron soon. They were afraid of the CRTC decision but when it turned out to be useless for their competition, they'll laugh all the way to the bank while removing this unlimited option soon.

They will add it as a "usage block" and not in the contract itself so they can do whatever they want with those options and the customers can't complain about it.

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Jay_P to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
After the CRTC decision I posted mock pricing for every tier: »Re: Major CRTC decision next week. - CBB

It sounds like I wasn't too far off, people on 30 unlimited are essentially subsidizing 300 GB ones.

20mbps 75 GB and 20 Unlimited are subsidizing 20 300 GB and so on. 300 GB packages are the best deals.

*Reasonable pricing considering the extra costs.
Cyborg994
join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC

Cyborg994 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Outch, i'm on 20 mbit unlimited, this is a huge increase in price, from 58 to 72 $/month!

I do ot think I will be able to stay at that rate, it's just too high...

Flames
@astral.com

Flames to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Hey I just called teksavvy sales to signup for 20 mbps 75gb plan for 35$/m and I told them about the new rates coming up and the representative were not aware of any changes coming soon.

She told me "we usually get emails about these things but I didnt get any, so the rates are still the same" and swear to me the rates arent going to go 10$/m higher than what they are now.

Not sure what to think anymore... What's going on?
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

said by Flames :

Hey I just called teksavvy sales to signup for 20 mbps 75gb plan for 35$/m and I told them about the new rates coming up and the representative were not aware of any changes coming soon.

She told me "we usually get emails about these things but I didnt get any, so the rates are still the same" and swear to me the rates arent going to go 10$/m higher than what they are now.

Not sure what to think anymore... What's going on?

The rates posted will not take in affect until an official announcement is made! So, of course the sales rep wouldn't know anything about it as the staff is unaware of any changes until Rates are made official.

The rates posted on here is for DSLR users and more so for reference that the rates will be changed in the future. i.e: next week, a month...

Flames
@astral.com

Flames

Anon

To DSL users? The title says "Cable" ...?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

said by Flames :

To DSL users? The title says "Cable" ...?

He said DSLR users, not DSL users. This site that we're posting on is called "DSL Reports", or "DSLR" for short.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to Flames

Premium Member

to Flames
A communication email was sent out redirecting them to the site with the threads in question. We also advised in the communique that we would be sending a new email to them with official pricing once everything was ironed out.