join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to pflog

MVM

to pflog

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

said by pflog:

Weird, you're getting powerboost.

I think the whole "getting rid of powerboost" was a misnomer. I'm seeing more and more capped powerboost not "no powerboost". Perhaps that's what it was really about.

If so, that sucks. A lot. The short extremely high burst was useful. This extra 7 Mbps (27 to 34) I get is worthless. But at least you're getting boost from 50 to 100.

Funny, as Darknessfall might also confirm, when our performance speeds her in CT went up (officially 20/4, but more like 22/4.5) the PB for upload went away entirely, however, the PB on download changed to a big initial boost, then it falls off, as one would expect. It was more like what you are describing now previously in our area.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by PeteC2:

said by pflog:

Weird, you're getting powerboost.

I think the whole "getting rid of powerboost" was a misnomer. I'm seeing more and more capped powerboost not "no powerboost". Perhaps that's what it was really about.

If so, that sucks. A lot. The short extremely high burst was useful. This extra 7 Mbps (27 to 34) I get is worthless. But at least you're getting boost from 50 to 100.

Funny, as Darknessfall might also confirm, when our performance speeds her in CT went up (officially 20/4, but more like 22/4.5) the PB for upload went away entirely, however, the PB on download changed to a big initial boost, then it falls off, as one would expect. It was more like what you are describing now previously in our area.

Oh yes... the boost...

210 Mbps doesn't last too long when blocked by a PB cap :P. It lasts so short that you barely notice it. When watching Youtube videos, you just see random super high spikes when it jumps to another load lol. I actually hit a 70Mbps + average Youtube download speed one day a couple days ago due to the bursts lol.