share rss forum feed
« "Stealing" ??AT&T? »
This is a sub-selection from Price prevents most rentals

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to swintec

Re: Price prevents most rentals

You already answered your question, new releases.
While it may not sell a huge amount cable and telco VOD is still the easiest for most people, my parents still rent new releases from Comcast.

When it comes to new releases it costs about the same amount for any VOD no matter where you go and cable and telco VOD doesn't require extra hardware you may not already have.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
said by MovieLover76:

You already answered your question, new releases.
While it may not sell a huge amount cable and telco VOD is still the easiest for most people, my parents still rent new releases from Comcast.

When it comes to new releases it costs about the same amount for any VOD no matter where you go and cable and telco VOD doesn't require extra hardware you may not already have.

I sub to both Netflix and Amazon Prime but I use Redbox for new releases. Unless you're housebound, you'll always run into a Redbox while doing something else. At less than 1/3 the price of a VOD release, it's well worth the little extra trouble to pick one up and return it. The only times I use VOD is when Vudu has a 99 cent "Deal of the Day" that I want to watch.