Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

Heeeeeellllllooooooo

out there - is there any in there, nod if you can hear me - is there anyone home....?

Hopefully the last of the winter weather today and tomorrow then rising temps to the 50's by Saturday.... Days are getting longer as well
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Derwood
Wherever you go, there you are
Premium
join:2003-01-21
Dayton, OH
good luck with that. Beavercreek has already brined the roads for tonight. I still predict bumper cars in the AM.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
They were brined yesterday at least... Though our street was not done.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
reply to CylonRed
I am not home... go away... this is david's forum posting bot posting as david.

Derwood
Premium
Dayton, OH
reply to CylonRed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
Lots of rain then snow - hides ice real well. It is snowing pretty hard in Beavercreek.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

1 edit
Apparently Greene County is on a level 1 snow emergency - apparently Xenia has some freezing rain.

Xenia and Fairborn schools are closed - Beavercreek delayed but expect them to close.

Have at least another strong band coming thru - northern Miami Valley is going to get nailed from the looks of it.

Beavercreek now closed.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

1 edit
reply to CylonRed
Lots of snow - 3.5 - 4.5 inches or so - looks pretty though. It was wet so the tree branches have a lot of snow on them.

This is also the first snow storm since we got Dish that our sat was taken out. From about 9:40 PM to after 11:30 PM (Colbert report was not recorded at all). Thunder storms have taken out the sat - not snow. We have had larger snowfalls than this - I can only assume that the issue was with the rain and then snow. That enabled the snow to stick to the Dish a lot better...
--
Brian

Derwood
Premium
Dayton, OH
Our Dish was up through the whole storm.. But we've got a pretty unobstructed view of the southwest sky.

KoshVorlon
B B R
Premium,Mod
join:2000-06-28
Babylon 5
reply to CylonRed
My dish is mounted on a pole next to my deck. Every once in a while the snow would fall in just the right way and pile up on the dish. I have to go out with a broom and brush it off. I always wondered what people with the dish on their roof did.

I'm in Springboro, we got a lot of snow. I would guess 8 - 10".
--

Game Server Admin
BroadbandGaming
BroadbandFiles

I'm not smart, the voices in my head are.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
I did not realize you were that close Kosh.... We have ours on the roof but I don't do anything about it. Other advice using films, covers, or oil sprays to keep the snow off. First time for us though. Was working this morning.
--
Brian

Derwood
Premium
Dayton, OH
Reviews:
·Dish Network
·Time Warner Cable
reply to KoshVorlon
I've had Dish for almost 11 years now. My dish is on my roof and I've never had to clean it off. The only time we've ever lost signal is during a significant downpour. Which usually only happens once or twice per year for just a short time while the rain is especially bad.