Search similar:

uniqs
Satya
join:2011-09-11
Mississauga, ON

Satya to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario & Promo

Distributel..15/1 unlimited is 47.95 compared to teksavvy promos 49.99 for unlimited. Dry loop install fees are waived and if you sign up now the monthly fee of 6 dollars is waived. How is tek's a better deal? are you paying the premium for teksavvy's customer service?
Satya

Satya to mikee

to mikee
I agree that sucks..i thought the monthly fee would be waived.
Bhruic
join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON

Bhruic to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Well that's pretty impressive. Kudos to TSI for being extra generous to their existing client base!

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
Band A is for downtown Toronto/Montreal. Most people are on Band B or higher.
jdoe71
join:2008-02-07
L0L0L0

jdoe71 to AkFubar

to AkFubar
Ah, not so much for everyone. We are leaving an area where we have DSL and going to one where there is nothing but Cogeco. Major $$ increase for us.
Satya
join:2011-09-11
Mississauga, ON

Satya to BliZZardX

to BliZZardX
That makes teksavvy's prices for 15/1 and lower way more expensive thatn distributel? I do not understand how that is generous? Am i missing something?
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee

Well I don't know if distributel has updated their prices yet. They look the same as they we're before. So maybe they'll be changing them soon.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX to Satya

Premium Member

to Satya
Many people have cancelled POTS and use cell phone only and/or VoIP. Cable doesn't have dry internet fees either, Rogers got rid of them more than 10 years ago. I am still with Bell because they waive dryloop fees for the own customers. Velcom 7000/1000 is on my radar now because they offer better upload for less than Start cable 6000/256 (unless this changes, they haven't posted their new rates yet).

Perma
join:2011-12-20

Perma to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Please keep the promo rates for a while, I would love to switch from cable but unfortunately don't have access to these speeds yet

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to AkFubar

to AkFubar
said by AkFubar:

For once the CRTC crap-shoot works out well for ordinary Canadians. Thanks for the push TSI!

WRONG. The most recent decision by the CRTC basically forced TPIAs to start focusing on DSL again because it is cheaper (so bigger profit margins), despite the age of the technology...TSI was trying to move away from DSL (and has many more cable subscribers) but things have now changed thanks to the CRTC....

Now, innovation on the cable front will slowdown and we all suffer....Obviously the CRTC has no idea what they've done because they don't understand the technology....

In the mean time, enjoy the cheap DSL I guess, but it comes at a price...
Radar73
join:2008-01-20
Ajax, ON

Radar73 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Are these rates going to be the same for business now or do you have new numbers for business coming soon?
themisa
join:2012-05-22

themisa to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc,

When can i return the Cellpipe and get the rental fee waived?

I've been using my own Bell Sagemcom 2864 modem with TSI 25/7

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by themisa:

Marc,

When can i return the Cellpipe and get the rental fee waived?

I've been using my own Bell Sagemcom 2864 modem with TSI 25/7

I'm still working on modem related issue.. that's a good question though that I'm also wondering about.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Radar73

Premium Member

to Radar73
said by Radar73:

Are these rates going to be the same for business now or do you have new numbers for business coming soon?

Business rates will come out later. I haven't started looking at those yet.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc: Thanks for letting your customers know before your staff! Awesome!

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to d4m1r

to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

said by AkFubar:

For once the CRTC crap-shoot works out well for ordinary Canadians. Thanks for the push TSI!

WRONG. The most recent decision by the CRTC basically forced TPIAs to start focusing on DSL again because it is cheaper (so bigger profit margins), despite the age of the technology...TSI was trying to move away from DSL (and has many more cable subscribers) but things have now changed thanks to the CRTC....

Now, innovation on the cable front will slowdown and we all suffer....Obviously the CRTC has no idea what they've done because they don't understand the technology....

In the mean time, enjoy the cheap DSL I guess, but it comes at a price...

Have no idea what you are talking about. People are interested in paying less. They don't care about that crap. It is a win for consumer pricing for dsl which was and still is relevant tech in this country.
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00 to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
These rates aren't live yet.. he's just putting it here to show what it will probably look like when he does release them.

anyone thinking they can get these at this very moment is naive and just plan dumb.
mikee
Gloucester, ON

mikee

Plain*, no need to go calling people dumb for asking questions. We're on forums to ask questions and find out information, no?
mmx4000
join:2010-02-16
Ottawa, ON

mmx4000 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Very much interested on what the modem situation will be like. 25/10 for approx $50/month with the promo rate and dry loop fee is sounding great to me. Modem rental fees can potentially ruin this deal.

Any ETA on when you'll find out what's going on with that?
Calmuser
Calmuser
join:2011-10-27
Canada

Calmuser to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
hmm, why are the 15/1 rates going up? (i'm referring to the regular rates, not the promo)

I thought costs for Bell went down, and now rates are going up? weird...
Roop
join:2003-11-15
Ottawa, ON

Roop to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
2x 50/10 at the promo rate... depending on how much it is. that'd probably be near the same price as what i had a single 25/7 for previously!
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to Satya

to Satya
Not sure if serious with the 75GB usage cap for the faster speed tiers..

If only I get DSL at my house.

kragop
join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON

kragop to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
We have TekTalk, Do I have to call in for the monthly dryloop fee to be waived or is that automatic too?
mikee
Gloucester, ON

mikee to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Why are 10/1 and 15/1 priced higher after the promotion? Thought bells rate went down like 50 something %?

@Kragop If you have unlimited internet with Tek Talk than you should call and get it waived, premium doesn't get it waived *says on the new thread marc opened about tek talk

here: »[TekTalk] NEW TekTalk PROMO - Digital Home Phone

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I am eagerly awaiting the 50/10 package price and the cost of the VDSL modem.

I am on 28/1mb right now. I currently have a POTS in my basement from an older Bell installation.

Possible to get that installation fee waived if we do it ourselves?
funny0
join:2010-12-22

1 edit

funny0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
are you telling me were back to being throttled? WHAT THE .....
is this unlimited 2AM to 8AM crap that aint unlimited

ive 5 megabit and getting 4 paying nearly 70 a month all told ya know none of this is worth it no more

so i might as well drop teksavvy and go with dial up or nexicom
nice move bell

and am i paying my dry loop fee this is all confusing i dont get what is going on i paid what i regularly do.

can someone enlighten me as to what this is about.
and if were going to be throttled i want a refund and you can stop the account. im done playing this game....
gob919
join:2012-02-03
Canada

gob919 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
If the TSI website only says I can get 6, am I stuck on that or is FTTN a possibility?

Marc, will the speed change fee be waived for those still on 640 and 2 mbps ?

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
EDIT: Someone already asked. Will wait for answer.

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser to funny0

to funny0
said by funny0:

If you purchase a 75gb or 300gb subscription, whatever you download/upload from 2am to 8am will not count against your cap.

If you purchase the unlimited package, you can ignore the 2am to 8am thing as it only applies to the above.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to funny0

Premium Member

to funny0
said by funny0:

ive 5 megabit and getting 4 paying nearly 70 a month all told ya know none of this is worth it no more

so i might as well drop teksavvy and go with dial up or nexicom
nice move bell

and am i paying my dry loop fee this is all confusing i dont get what is going on i paid what i regularly do.

can someone enlighten me as to what this is about.
and if were going to be throttled i want a refund and you can stop the account. im done playing this game....

No, no throttling.

"unlimited 2AM to 8AM" means that if you are on a GB based package (300GB limit, for example) any usage between 2AM and 8AM won't count towards your caps.

It doesn't apply if you are on unlimited as you are unlimited.

Keep calm, carry on.