All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
djspot
join:2011-10-20
Toronto, ON

djspot

[DSL] Upgrading service from DSL16 to DSL25...EXPENSIVE!

Ok so just got off the phone with Teksavvy and I'm completely floored at the cost associated with upgrading.

My current setup is the 16 Mbps with a dry loop install.

During my call I was notified that for the upgrade I would have to pay the following.

$25 for speed change
$95 to send out two technicians
$20 for the dry loop installation (which I already have done, but it "NEEDS" to be done again????)

WTF?

When all said and done we're looking at $160 (tax in). That is quite a bit of money to charge somebody for wanting to pay more money for better speed.

Is this right? Could there have been a misunderstanding with my CS rep?

The only fee I can make sense of is the technician one and still that's kinda nuts. But paying to have the dry loop redone and a premium for speed change? What the cost of speed change associated to? why does the dry loop need an installation fee AGAIN would the installation fee be part of the technician coming out.

I've been a long time teksavvy customer, but this conversation just made me want to drop them because it seem's incredibly unreasonable to charge a customer that much money for a more expensive service...That's a lot of money to charge someone for wanting to GIVE you more money LOL

shit!

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL

read more here:

»[DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario & Promo
Radar73
join:2008-01-20
Ajax, ON

Radar73

Looks like you should be able to get it done for $50 whenever those rates get instituted.
djspot
join:2011-10-20
Toronto, ON

djspot

Thanks for the heads up guys....

I'll hold up, but I was super close to going with electronicbox tonight.

As it stands it would be cheaper to switch to them completely compared to upgrading my TSI speed
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to djspot

to djspot
you did it wrong. You used your telephone to obtain information about an internet provider. The more you know :^).

Everything is still up in the air right now, I doubt TSI's internals are ready to start making package changes at the new rates... I would give them a couple weeks

TSI Andy
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy

Premium Member

That's right, we don't have the exact date set yet for when the PROMO will take effect but once we have a date set I am sure there will be a thread in here about it and that will give all that are interested the green light!
Xsympatico
join:2009-05-19

Xsympatico to djspot

to djspot
If you are already on FTTN ( 16/1) I don't think you pay the $95 install fee again.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Xsympatico:

If you are already on FTTN ( 16/1) I don't think you pay the $95 install fee again.

I think you do, unfortunately. It's because there are some neighbourhoods which have a n ADSL2+ only remote, and you have to be moved to a VDSL capable remote. So it's like a new order for them, even if you are on a VDSL capable remote already.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

3 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by Xsympatico:

I think you do, unfortunately. It's because there are some neighbourhoods which have a n ADSL2+ only remote, and you have to be moved to a VDSL capable remote. So it's like a new order for them, even if you are on a VDSL capable remote already.

This one gets asked again and again.

Alas, you DO pay again, the last that I heard.

Currently, AFAIK, BH$ELL bills the IISP for it and the IISP passes it along to the customer.

Same applies to the Dry Loop fee and speed change fee, and the fee for them wiping their arses, whether they do or not.

If the IISP does NOT pass it along to the customer, or passes only part of it, then they are EATING the BH$ELL charge themselves, in hope of making it back later when you stay with them forever out of gratitude, I think it goes....

No real logic in it, just a CRTC rubber-stamp, which is why so many who cannot believe the depth of the permeation of the BHELLSCHIDT (even when you are trying NOT to deal directly with Bell) end up asking anyway, out of sheer disbelief in what they just got told.

And it gets charged regardless of whether or not Bell has to rewire your circuit at their end.

= = = = = = =

In a related topic, methinks that HiVolt needs to revisit his old animated DSLR avatar regarding Bell.