Search similar:

uniqs
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to CAST SUCKS

to CAST SUCKS

Re: Verizon is Offering to Change STB because of Lineup changes

i sure hope so. MPEG4 for Red Zone would look much better because of this.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
so how can customers with 7000 series boxes tell if the MPEG-4 changes took place or not?...I'm in VHO5 and since it's now officially post April 15th am wondering if mpeg-4 changeover took place or not

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

They are still not converted yet in VHO5 as of Tuesday morning.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

so how can customers with 7000 series boxes tell if the MPEG-4 changes took place or not?...I'm in VHO5 and since it's now officially post April 15th am wondering if mpeg-4 changeover took place or not

We'll hear some compaints from users who never saw or didn't pay attention to the messages to replace their 6000's

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt to matcarl

Premium Member

to matcarl
Nothing changed here in VHO4 either. At least the three channels I just checked with my TiVos.
coma9
join:2013-02-05
United State

coma9

The following is a list of MPEG4 channels currently offered by Verizon:
MLB/NHL HD 1
MLB/NHL HD 2
MLB/NHL HD 3
MLB/NHL HD 4
MLB/NHL HD 5
Multimedios
Ultra Cine
Ultra Kidz
Ultra Fiesta
Ultra Docu
Ultra Mex
Ultra Macho
Ultra Film
Ultra Clasico
Ultra Luna
NBA/MLS HD 2
NBA/MLS HD 3
NBA/MLS HD 4
NBA/MLS HD 5

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
STB exchange update...

Much to my amazement (considering some of the issues I've had with V* billing in the past) my new bill was just posted and the billing amount is correct, listing only one DVR. I went to the "My Equipment" page and the old 6146 DVR is gone, only the new 7232 shows. With all the broo-ha-ha I went through with this exchange, I expected a few months of phone calls to get it straightened out.

The only thing still hanging is that the order conf # still shows active but with nothing on it and the date has changed from 06/11 to 03/20 (which is when they shipped the new box to me).

Bottom line , it seems to have worked out OK.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to coma9

Premium Member

to coma9
said by coma9:

The following is a list of MPEG4 channels currently offered by Verizon..................

You forgot BeIN sports. That was added in my area(VHO4) at the end of March and is using H.264 also.
BlackNGold29
join:2008-07-08
Bethel Park, PA

BlackNGold29 to Rattler

to Rattler
said by Rattler:

STB exchange update...

Much to my amazement (considering some of the issues I've had with V* billing in the past) my new bill was just posted and the billing amount is correct, listing only one DVR. I went to the "My Equipment" page and the old 6146 DVR is gone, only the new 7232 shows. With all the broo-ha-ha I went through with this exchange, I expected a few months of phone calls to get it straightened out.

The only thing still hanging is that the order conf # still shows active but with nothing on it and the date has changed from 06/11 to 03/20 (which is when they shipped the new box to me).

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get your new STB? I ordered mine through the exchange last Wednesday. Thanks.

ChadH
@verizon.net

ChadH to Rattler

Anon

to Rattler
said by Rattler:

STB exchange update...

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get your STB? I put my order in last Wednesday. Thanks.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Channels still not converted as of Wednesday morning in VHO5

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

It did say "on or after" 4/15....

After could be a looonnnnnng time.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Yes, it also didn't mention the year, LOL.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
Once again, as someone who runs a critical IT system for a retailer, I would be aghast by their communication to users and failure to hit the dates on time.
Grover8
join:2012-01-06
Fresh Meadows, NY

Grover8 to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
Only BeIn Sports is H.264. I checked a handful of the others and they're still MPEG-2.

I'll check again next week.

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

Once again, as someone who runs a critical IT system for a retailer, I would be aghast by their communication to users and failure to hit the dates on time.

There's no immediate benefit* to users to be expected in the switch -- only a penalty, for some. So, there's no urgency in hitting the date (which was always specified as "or after" anyway). The benefit will come later, when new channels are added, after bandwidth has been freed up. But they haven't announced those, so they aren't missing any (public) deadlines in that case.

Personally, I'm keen to see the switch, just out of pure curiosity; but objectively, it means losing channels on my old Series 3 TiVo.

* Well, OK, maybe it will save a little space on your DVR.
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

I don't understand exactly. Did they outright commit to move certain channels to H.264 by a certain date?
robertf390
join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY

robertf390

I think we need to remember that those of us in VHO's 5, 7 & 8 have yet to get the HD version to TV Guide, which the rest of the country received back in December. So for the poster who states there is no benefit, we are still catching up.

I believe patience is a virtue, but 4 months of waiting ????

- so much for the superior network BS commercials Verizon constantly runs.....

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by robertf390:

I think we need to remember that those of us in VHO's 5, 7 & 8 have yet to get the HD version to TV Guide, which the rest of the country received back in December. So for the poster who states there is no benefit, we are still catching up.

I believe patience is a virtue, but 4 months of waiting ????

- so much for the superior network BS commercials Verizon constantly runs.....

I agree. We are waiting for those channels to be converted so the room is made for the new HD's. The longer the conversion, the longer the wait for the channel availability

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to JackBauer

to JackBauer
said by JackBauer:

I don't understand exactly. Did they outright commit to move certain channels to H.264 by a certain date?

Yes they did, they sent out emails/letters explicitly stating that. Some VHO's in the Northeast are still waiting for TV Guide HD to be added. It's like they forgot.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by Greg2600:

said by JackBauer:

Yes they did, they sent out emails/letters explicitly stating that. Some VHO's in the Northeast are still waiting for TV Guide HD to be added. It's like they forgot.

I'm in VHO5 and the TV Guide looks in HD to me. What's the difference or how do I determine the guide is non HD?

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to BlackNGold29

to BlackNGold29
said by BlackNGold29:

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get your new STB? I ordered mine through the exchange last Wednesday. Thanks.

I ordered it, through the menu on the DVR on 03/13 (Wed). They shipped the replacement on 03/20 and I received it on 03/21 (I am locate only about 30 miles from the V* distribution center). So, it took basically 1 week.

The problem I had was that the date associated with my conf#, on the website, said It would be shipped on 06/11. When I called V*, the CSR said there was nothing associated with that number so there were a few added calls involved and it just showed up at my doorstep, out of the blue.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

I'm in VHO5 and the TV Guide looks in HD to me. What's the difference or how do I determine the guide is non HD?

Not the tv guide but TV Guide channel. Apparently we want this in HD so tonight's re-runs of Designing Women and Who's the Boss? will look much better.

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

Yes they did

No, they didn't. This is what the email said:

"On or after April 15, 2013, we will be making a change [etc.]"
said by bluepoint:

Not "the guide", the "TV Guide" channel. 194 SD, 694 HD (if you have it).
coma9
join:2013-02-05
United State

coma9 to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint See Profilehow do I determine the guide is non HD?
[/BQUOTE :

Menu > Settings > Video Settings > Graphical Settings > HD or SD.

Should not be applicable to 6xxx series boxes, only 7xxxx and Cisco boxes.

This is unrelated to the original question, but thought I would answer your question.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to wmcbrine

to wmcbrine
said by wmcbrine:

said by bluepoint:

Not "the guide", the "TV Guide" channel. 194 SD, 694 HD (if you have it).

Ah, no wonder I don't get it. Channel 194 is labeled TVGN(tv guide network?) and not HD and 694 is non existent. So yes, there is no TV guide channel in HD.
robertf390
Nesconset, NY

robertf390 to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
Hi:

I wanted to revive this thread to see if any updates are available - have they converted the channels to MPEG4 yet and has anyone in VHO 7 & 8 gotten TV Guide HD (channel 694)?

I'm in VHO 5 and we don't have it - I'm wondering what could be the hold-up here - it's been almost 5 months since the other areas got it and we were supposed to have it end of 1st quarter (or by February according to their magazine they send out).

My concern is not so much with the channel itself but in the roll-out process and continual delays -

Based on responses, as a shareholder of VZ I have a contact I'll reach out to - when I called customer service, I was told something so ridiculous I won't even repeat it.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

See this and believe the ridiculous

»Re: [HD] STB Exchange
Strommy
join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA

Strommy to robertf390

to robertf390
said by robertf390:

Hi:

I wanted to revive this thread to see if any updates are available - have they converted the channels to MPEG4 yet and has anyone in VHO 7 & 8 gotten TV Guide HD (channel 694)?

I'm in VHO 5 and we don't have it - I'm wondering what could be the hold-up here - it's been almost 5 months since the other areas got it and we were supposed to have it end of 1st quarter (or by February according to their magazine they send out).

My concern is not so much with the channel itself but in the roll-out process and continual delays -

Based on responses, as a shareholder of VZ I have a contact I'll reach out to - when I called customer service, I was told something so ridiculous I won't even repeat it.

VHO8 is a no, do not have channel 694. since we are talking about Verizon here I am not the least bit surprised.
robertf390
Nesconset, NY

robertf390 to matcarl

to matcarl
See this and believe the ridiculous

»Re: [HD] STB Exchange

WOW! Unbelievable for a company that advertises itself on network superiority.