uniqs
share rss forum feed

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
reply to Greg2600

Re: Verizon is Offering to Change STB because of Lineup changes

said by Greg2600:

said by JackBauer:

I don't understand exactly. Did they outright commit to move certain channels to H.264 by a certain date?

Yes they did, they sent out emails/letters explicitly stating that. Some VHO's in the Northeast are still waiting for TV Guide HD to be added. It's like they forgot.

I'm in VHO5 and the TV Guide looks in HD to me. What's the difference or how do I determine the guide is non HD?

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to BlackNGold29

said by BlackNGold29:

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get your new STB? I ordered mine through the exchange last Wednesday. Thanks.

I ordered it, through the menu on the DVR on 03/13 (Wed). They shipped the replacement on 03/20 and I received it on 03/21 (I am locate only about 30 miles from the V* distribution center). So, it took basically 1 week.

The problem I had was that the date associated with my conf#, on the website, said It would be shipped on 06/11. When I called V*, the CSR said there was nothing associated with that number so there were a few added calls involved and it just showed up at my doorstep, out of the blue.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to bluepoint

said by bluepoint:

I'm in VHO5 and the TV Guide looks in HD to me. What's the difference or how do I determine the guide is non HD?

Not the tv guide but TV Guide channel. Apparently we want this in HD so tonight's re-runs of Designing Women and Who's the Boss? will look much better.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

Yes they did

No, they didn't. This is what the email said:

"On or after April 15, 2013, we will be making a change [etc.]"

said by bluepoint:

Not "the guide", the "TV Guide" channel. 194 SD, 694 HD (if you have it).
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

coma9

join:2013-02-05
United State
reply to bluepoint

said by bluepoint See Profilehow do I determine the guide is non HD?
[/BQUOTE :

Menu > Settings > Video Settings > Graphical Settings > HD or SD.

Should not be applicable to 6xxx series boxes, only 7xxxx and Cisco boxes.

This is unrelated to the original question, but thought I would answer your question.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
reply to wmcbrine

said by wmcbrine:

said by bluepoint:

Not "the guide", the "TV Guide" channel. 194 SD, 694 HD (if you have it).

Ah, no wonder I don't get it. Channel 194 is labeled TVGN(tv guide network?) and not HD and 694 is non existent. So yes, there is no TV guide channel in HD.

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY
reply to OwlSaver

Hi:

I wanted to revive this thread to see if any updates are available - have they converted the channels to MPEG4 yet and has anyone in VHO 7 & 8 gotten TV Guide HD (channel 694)?

I'm in VHO 5 and we don't have it - I'm wondering what could be the hold-up here - it's been almost 5 months since the other areas got it and we were supposed to have it end of 1st quarter (or by February according to their magazine they send out).

My concern is not so much with the channel itself but in the roll-out process and continual delays -

Based on responses, as a shareholder of VZ I have a contact I'll reach out to - when I called customer service, I was told something so ridiculous I won't even repeat it.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

See this and believe the ridiculous

»Re: [HD] STB Exchange

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to robertf390

said by robertf390:

Hi:

I wanted to revive this thread to see if any updates are available - have they converted the channels to MPEG4 yet and has anyone in VHO 7 & 8 gotten TV Guide HD (channel 694)?

I'm in VHO 5 and we don't have it - I'm wondering what could be the hold-up here - it's been almost 5 months since the other areas got it and we were supposed to have it end of 1st quarter (or by February according to their magazine they send out).

My concern is not so much with the channel itself but in the roll-out process and continual delays -

Based on responses, as a shareholder of VZ I have a contact I'll reach out to - when I called customer service, I was told something so ridiculous I won't even repeat it.

VHO8 is a no, do not have channel 694. since we are talking about Verizon here I am not the least bit surprised.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY
reply to matcarl

See this and believe the ridiculous

»Re: [HD] STB Exchange

WOW! Unbelievable for a company that advertises itself on network superiority.

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2
reply to Strommy

I commented about this in the STB Exchange thread. I will not double post. SO, for those interested, just go there and read what I said.

Strommy, please say what they told you lol. No matter how ridiculous.

VHO7, does not have TVGuideHD either. You would think they would add a lot of HDs at once, because of the 20MPEG4 channel switch.

But as I said, my response to all this, is in the STB Exchange thread.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to OwlSaver

so BeIN (Channel 598) is the only channel being transmitted in mpeg-4 (not including the Spanish tier and those sports League Pass channels)?

Keith A

@comcast.net
reply to Rattler

I have a 64xx box and Ultimate HD, but until last week the menu option kept coming back saying I didn't qualify for the upgrade. Last week when I tried it yet again, and it finally said I qualified, but that the programming changes were postponed so I didn't need a new box to keep receiving all the channels. It allowed me to go ahead and order new boxes though anyways, so I did. It said it would take about a month to get the new boxes, but at least it finally worked.