Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dmine45

join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to mackey

Re: Verizon is Offering to Change STB because of Lineup changes

Thanks for posting this. I live just north of you and we get a slightly different lineup. We get SOME Richmond stations on Clear QAM, but we're mostly DC centric.

By the way, how did you get the information for this list?

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

said by dmine45:

By the way, how did you get the information for this list?

said by motorola870:

could you pm me an entire list of the QAM channels from a scan on the silicondust tuner?

said by mackey:

I don't see a problem with just posting it here...

Attached.

/M

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to motorola870

downloadChannel Map.docx.zip 64,165 bytes
VHO8 Channel Map as of 3/9/13
Here's the channel map from VHO8 from a Ceton tuner. I also have a Silicondust tuner but Ceton's channel map has an easy to read layout. I put in a Word doc to keep its easy readability.

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:8

It depends on what you mean by 'easy to read.' I don't see an easy way to tell how many channels there are per QAM or if there are any unused QAMs in that Ceton list...

dmine45 See Profile: »www.silicondust.com/products/hdh···n/prime/

/M

mikev
Premium
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA
Reviews:
·Callcentric

said by mackey:

It depends on what you mean by 'easy to read.' I don't see an easy way to tell how many channels there are per QAM or if there are any unused QAMs in that Ceton list...

Sorting by the EIA number or frequency makes it much easier to see this... you may need to copy/paste it into Excel (or another spreadsheet program) first though, in order to sort. But it's definitely nice to have it in a table format.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to OwlSaver

Click for full size
Here's a nipple twister...

Yesterday, I ordered the exchange HD DVR, to replace my 6416, via my HD STB. BTW, I could order through my 7100 HD box but not through my 6416 - go figure that one... I got a confirmation number and the blurb that the box would be shipped in 3 - 7 days. It also said that I had to return my old box within 30 days of the 03/13 date or I would be charged for two boxes.

Today, I went on the V* website to check the order status and it appears that the box won't be shipped until 06/11/2013!!! (see attached image of the status page)

When I called V* about it, today, I got the answer, "That's when they'll be available." I asked what to do about the 30 day return req't and the CSR said, "I don't know."

She transferred me to repair but I got disconnected after about 5 minutes of MUSAK.

I'm supposed to get an email when it ships. I guess if I don't get one by early next week I'll have to get on them again about it.

Why is almost everything about order processing with V* a PITA???
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

NickP65

join:2008-12-11
Trenton, NJ

I also ordered it yesterday ... Got June 12!

RocklandFios

join:2008-07-24
Nyack, NY

ordered on Tuesday - got Sunday, June 9th

Rattler

Havertown, PA

Misery loves company, I guess...

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

Glad I got in during the free NHL preview. My new boxes came in about 24 hours.

nikkoxyz

join:2012-01-11
Hartsdale, NY
reply to OwlSaver

I went through the exchange process for two 6416 DVRs the day I received the e-mail notification from Verizon. I was only expecting the 7216, but hoping it would be a refurbished one with a 500Gb hard drive. I was pleasantly surprised to get two absolutely brand new 7232s. Two relatives and a neighbor ordered replacements the day after me and wound up getting June replacements dates. This has got to be the most absurd screw-up in the history of FIOS. Their systems would have told them that there are tens of thousands of 6000 series STBs and DVRs out there that are eligible for upgrades. YET with an April 15th deadline for the MPEG 4 implementation they've already run out of replacement units? I just can't believe it. Obviously they're going to have to delay the channel changeover.

eqshadimar
Premium
join:2004-10-20
Plano, TX
reply to OwlSaver

I ordered my replacement boxes (1 HD DVR, 2 HD boxes) on March 7th. I had a service ready date of June 9th but all the replacements arrived this week. So it could just be that their service ready date really doesn't mean anything. I also received the newer 7232 DVR.

Laters,
Jeff

Rattler

Havertown, PA

said by eqshadimar:

I ordered my replacement boxes (1 HD DVR, 2 HD boxes) on March 7th. I had a service ready date of June 9th but all the replacements arrived this week. So it could just be that their service ready date really doesn't mean anything. I also received the newer 7232 DVR.

Laters,
Jeff

At least that's some consolation...

Did they send you a shipping confirmation email like they said they would? If it comes UPS, the driver will just leave it at the front door for the world to see so I keep hitting the tracking site to check for delivery when I know it's coming.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

eqshadimar
Premium
join:2004-10-20
Plano, TX

Nope no e-mail or any notification whatsoever. They just appeared at the front door. The two HD boxes arrived first and together. The DVR showed up two days later.

Laters,
Jeff

dallastxhd

join:2007-05-08
The Colony, TX
reply to OwlSaver

I have an old HD DVR that has the following model number: QIP6416-2 that we got when we first set up our service about 5 years ago. According to all of the posts, it sounds like I should be eligible for a free exchange, but when I go through the 'Set Top Box Exchange' option via the media guide, it says 'Your Set Top Box(es) are compatible with all of the content'. Am I really noteligible for an exchange? This box drives me crazy with how slow it is and the 4:3 guide. Is it worth my time to call them and find out why I am not eligible for a free upgrade or are they playing hardball?

PJL

Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by dallastxhd:

I have an old HD DVR that has the following model number: QIP6416-2 that we got when we first set up our service about 5 years ago. According to all of the posts, it sounds like I should be eligible for a free exchange, but when I go through the 'Set Top Box Exchange' option via the media guide, it says 'Your Set Top Box(es) are compatible with all of the content'. Am I really noteligible for an exchange? This box drives me crazy with how slow it is and the 4:3 guide. Is it worth my time to call them and find out why I am not eligible for a free upgrade or are they playing hardball?

What package and premium channels do you have?

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
reply to dallastxhd

IMO, if I were you, I would exchange my STBs no matter what package you subscribe to, If I had 6xxx or less STBs. Esp since FiOS is switching over to MPEG 4, and the letters were mailed out to tell all people this.

If so, I suggest going to your local store and exchanging them there. It is quicker, plus you can get the 7232 there more easily. Maybe your router also, If it is not the latest Actiontech rev. F or I.

Then, you do not have to worry about the near future.

thatdood

join:2002-07-03
Plano, TX
reply to OwlSaver

I ordered two STB's on March 10 to replace my 6xxx MRDVR and 6xxx HD STB. The web page showed June 8 service ready. I was getting ready to contact Verizon because I was pissed that it would take the long. Today two new boxes arrived and they shipped me a new 7100 2 and 7232 2 black STB's. When I tried to get these a couple months ago they wanted $40 per box and of course I didn't think I should pay for newer boxes.

JackBauer

join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY
reply to OwlSaver

It is really surprising they are investing so much right now on the 7232 platform... When the media server is only (hopefully) a few months away.

It's probably a much better platform for them to be sinking their $$ into right now.

But MPEG4 progress either way is great news.

Does the 7232 HW support future IPTV? God I hope so.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ

I hope so too.

But I'm concerned about the Digital Adapters. Idk if they will be compatible with the Media Server and client box system.

I do not pay for them ( grandfathered deal) , so if they are not , idk what I'll do.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to JackBauer

said by JackBauer:

Does the 7232 HW support future IPTV? God I hope so.

Yes it does. That's how VOD is delivered today. The box is a "QIP-7232" and the "IP" is for IP functionality.

dallastxhd

The Colony, TX
reply to PJL

I have a triple play package with Extreme HD for TV.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to webcobbler

said by webcobbler:

But I'm concerned about the Digital Adapters. Idk if they will be compatible with the Media Server and client box system.

Digital Adapters are strictly used to decode SD signals. Media Server and client box are HD-centric with SD capability as well. The only way the Digital Adapters become useless is if the SD video signal goes away. Some folks want that to happen in order to free QAM space for more HD, but I doubt that will happen until there's plenty of free HD STBs to replace the DCT700s. Give it 4 years. That's my WAG.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ

I have to admit, I too want SD channel to go away. At least the ones that have HD equivalent channels. To free up more space, of course.

But anyhow, I hope that this is true because I have 3 adapters that are free to me, due to the fact that they are Grandfathered in.

When the time comes that I can exchange them for a HD digital adapter (I am sure there will be some out there), or an actual HD STB with IMG guide, and I can still retain the free-ness of the Grandfather deal (I truly hope)... then I will do so.

Oh , do I pray that they will be free, because of my Grandfathered situation...

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to dallastxhd

said by dallastxhd:

I have a triple play package with Extreme HD for TV.

Check to see if ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater 571 is in your package. I can't because I don't know your zip code. This channel is one of the channels moving to MPEG4 according to the list of channels provided. So I'm not sure why the STB order process isn't working for you. When the switch occurs, if you can't get the channel, call Verizon.

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to OwlSaver

One of my STB's is the QIP 2500 P3. This STB is connected to a regular (not HD) tv. The other stb's are two dvrs 7232 and another stb 7100.

When I go to Set Top Box Exchange it says "all of my devices are compatible".

Is this because it knows this is a regular tv? If I eventually got an HD tv would I then be able to get a higher version HD stb? I have the Extreme TV package with Stars/Encore added.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Rattler

Havertown, PA

said by Libra:

One of my STB's is the QIP 2500 P3. This STB is connected to a regular (not HD) tv. The other stb's are two dvrs 7232 and another stb 7100.

When I go to Set Top Box Exchange it says "all of my devices are compatible".

Is this because it knows this is a regular tv? If I eventually got an HD tv would I then be able to get a higher version HD stb? I have the Extreme TV package with Stars/Encore added.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

The STB exchange only applies (at this point) to HD equipment AND if you are subscribed to a package level or other premium programming that has channels that will be going to MPEG4 (they are listed elsewhere in the thread: »Re: Verizon is Offering to Change STB because of Lineup changes ).

Your 7xxx boxes are MPEG4 compatible and the 2500 is SD only. The only boxes that would be eligible for the exchange would be a 6416 DVR or a 6200 STB

I have a 6416 DVR, a 7100 HD STB and two DCT700s. The only one I could (or needed to) exchange was the 6416. I also am subscribed to premium channels that will be affected (e.g. HBO and CINEMAX)
--

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1

Hi Rattler,

Thanks for explaining that my 2500 sd box isn't eligible.

Sincerely, Libra

dallastxhd

The Colony, TX
reply to PJL

Thanks! I do have ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater (and watch it a lot during football season). I will just wait to see what happens when the switch is made and if I am not able to get that channel, I will call Verizon.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by dallastxhd:

Thanks! I do have ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater (and watch it a lot during football season). I will just wait to see what happens when the switch is made and if I am not able to get that channel, I will call Verizon.

said by dallastxhd:

that is a bad decision as you could be waiting for equipment if you wind up needing it. I would go ahead and check on the front of the box to see if you have a QIP-6200/6416 or QIP-7100/7216/7232 and if it is a 6200 series box then put in for the upgrade.

Also new HD channels will need the newer boxes as today Verizon started the rollout of beIN sport and beIN Espanol in MPEG4 HD only.