uniqs

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to PJL

to PJL

Re: Verizon is Offering to Change STB because of Lineup changes

@PJL...

The shipment appears to have originated at a V* shipping center in Coatesville, PA (about 25 - 30 miles West of me, which is where I am to return the 6416) and came via UPS.

For the heck of it I entered the UPS tracking number from the label and it came up as having been delivered at 3:30 PM yesterday. I drove up the driveway, past the mailbox, at about 4:30 but did not see it (does not mean it wasn't there) because I was not expecting it and didn't look at the ground. Had I been given the tracking number, I would have been checking on it and it wouldn't have been sitting out overnight. Just glad we didn't have any foul weather or the DVR could have been hosed because the lid of the box was open and facing upwards.

I've got to get some recordings off the old DVR before I install the new one, which looks like it may have been in the system before, since there are some fingerprints on the case that aren't mine. There is a protective film over the front panel though.

Don't get me wrong, I've been happy with the FiOS service for the 6 years I've had it. But, as has been noted by quite a few here, their customer info interface leaves a lot to be desired - should take some lessons from places like Newegg or other WEB vendors when it comes to shipment notifications.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

My guess would be that UPS mis-delivered it to one of your neighbors and they didn't exactly go all-out in getting it to you.
dpridgen
Premium Member
join:2004-01-14
Port Washington, NY

dpridgen to OwlSaver

Premium Member

to OwlSaver
I placed my order (via phone since the menu option didn't work) on the 18th, and got a service date of April 1st. Still haven't received my boxes yet (so much for the statements in the letter that the new boxes would be shipped promptly), but my Hauppauge PVR 2 should be here next week. Anyone know if the dvr still works after disconnecting the old box from the line? I was thinking about installing the new boxes and using the 30 day return period to transfer my saved recordings to the PC.
RocklandFios
join:2008-07-24
Nyack, NY

RocklandFios to eqshadimar

to eqshadimar
I received an email with a UPS tracking number on Monday - the day before the DVR shipped.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

said by RocklandFios:

I received an email with a UPS tracking number on Monday - the day before the DVR shipped.

Count yourself fortunate...

I installed the 7232 today - all went without a hitch. Activation took about 10 minutes. It certainly has a faster response than the old 6416 dinosaur I've had since 2007...

It's nice they have the flip over packaging for the 6416. I was about to cuss them out about the old DVR not fitting in the box until I thought to check.
NickP65
join:2008-12-11
Trenton, NJ

NickP65

Did not go without a hitch for me ... 40 minutes on the phone with a nice lady from Utah, she had to get a network tech involved. But it all got straightened out though. Got a 7216-p2 with the upgraded 500gig hard drive. It'll do the job for me.

somebodeez
MVM
join:2001-09-24
here

somebodeez to OwlSaver

MVM

to OwlSaver
I have 1 6x box left so I ordered a replacement via the cable box last week. I never received an email however and I don't see anything about it showing up in my account online.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

If you haven't activated it yet, it shouldn't show up under the "Equipment" heading.

I activated the new DVR on Sat and checked yesterday. Both the old and new DVRs are listed. I will return (via UPS) the old 6416 tomorrow. I have the tracking number and will keep tabs on its delivery status. If I get billed for the old box, after I'm sure it's been delivered to V*, I will deduct its rental from my bill until they get it straightened out.

somebodeez
MVM
here

somebodeez

MVM

said by Rattler:

If you haven't activated it yet, it shouldn't show up under the "Equipment" heading.

I activated the new DVR on Sat and checked yesterday. Both the old and new DVRs are listed. I will return (via UPS) the old 6416 tomorrow. I have the tracking number and will keep tabs on its delivery status. If I get billed for the old box, after I'm sure it's been delivered to V*, I will deduct its rental from my bill until they get it straightened out.

I can't activate it because I haven't received it yet. I did go back to that 6x HD STB yesterday and repeated the motions to order a replacement and it said something to the effect that the order for a replacement is in the system. I still haven't received a confirmation email and I can't find anything about it in my account online... I guess I just wait.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

It seems as though it can take a few days more then you might expect. I ordered mine on a Wed and received it on a Fri, a week later.

I sort of assumed that you had not received the box yet. I was just noting that it shouldn't show up on your FiOS account page until it is activated.
coma9
join:2013-02-05
United State

coma9 to mewing80

to mewing80
said by mewing80:

If you already exchanged your STB do you have to do it again to see these channels?

Only if your STB isn't a 7100+ (or Cisco)

somebodeez
MVM
here

somebodeez to Rattler

MVM

to Rattler
Oh ok - sorry about that. I misunderstood.

When I had a box replaced from this:
»How to upgrade to Motorola 7xxx series for free
I received an email about it pretty quick and the box arrived within a couple of days. This time around seems quite different.

Looking back, I guess I should've had this box replaced at that time too. I didn't because I knew it was going to be quite a chore. (where it's located, all the stuff hooked up to it...)
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
I am suprised that the NFL Red Zone is not included in this. To me, it would make sense. ESPN 3D and Goal Line / Buzzer Beater is included. One is a seasonal channel, same as Red Zone.

Anyway, I hope that is is included in the (hopefully soon) next 20 channel MPEG 4 conversion channels. Also that it is done before the NFL season starts later this year.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
is there a list of HD channels that will be available in MPEG-4?...what date will this transition start?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by TitusTroy:

is there a list of HD channels that will be available in MPEG-4?...what date will this transition start?

read the first post on page 1 of the thread

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by motorola870:

thanks!...all basically crap channels except for maybe MGM HD...I thought they were going to add a nice group of new HD channels around that same time...how long till they switch the popular HD channels over to MPEG-4?

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by TitusTroy:

said by motorola870:

thanks!...all basically crap channels except for maybe MGM HD...I thought they were going to add a nice group of new HD channels around that same time...how long till they switch the popular HD channels over to MPEG-4?

Hopefully sooner rather than later. The sooner they switch channels to H.264 the better. Then that frees up space to add more HD H.264 channels. Plus it increases the amount of shows you can put on your DVR since the H.264 channels should use at least 40% less space on the hard drive.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

Note also that several premium (HBO, MAX) channels are on that list as well.

CAST SUCKS
@comcastbusiness.net

CAST SUCKS to webcobbler

Anon

to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

I am suprised that the NFL Red Zone is not included in this. To me, it would make sense. ESPN 3D and Goal Line / Buzzer Beater is included. One is a seasonal channel, same as Red Zone.

Anyway, I hope that is is included in the (hopefully soon) next 20 channel MPEG 4 conversion channels. Also that it is done before the NFL season starts later this year.

maybe NFL will be done before it goes live

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy to Rattler

to Rattler
said by Rattler:

Note also that several premium (HBO, MAX) channels are on that list as well.

it's nice that some premium channels are on that list but I wish the main HBO/Cinemax channels (899 and 920) were there...I only watch the main channels as I hear it has the highest bit rate (if that even still applies)
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to CAST SUCKS

to CAST SUCKS
i sure hope so. MPEG4 for Red Zone would look much better because of this.

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
so how can customers with 7000 series boxes tell if the MPEG-4 changes took place or not?...I'm in VHO5 and since it's now officially post April 15th am wondering if mpeg-4 changeover took place or not

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

They are still not converted yet in VHO5 as of Tuesday morning.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

so how can customers with 7000 series boxes tell if the MPEG-4 changes took place or not?...I'm in VHO5 and since it's now officially post April 15th am wondering if mpeg-4 changeover took place or not

We'll hear some compaints from users who never saw or didn't pay attention to the messages to replace their 6000's

aaronwt
Premium Member
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt to matcarl

Premium Member

to matcarl
Nothing changed here in VHO4 either. At least the three channels I just checked with my TiVos.
coma9
join:2013-02-05
United State

coma9

The following is a list of MPEG4 channels currently offered by Verizon:
MLB/NHL HD 1
MLB/NHL HD 2
MLB/NHL HD 3
MLB/NHL HD 4
MLB/NHL HD 5
Multimedios
Ultra Cine
Ultra Kidz
Ultra Fiesta
Ultra Docu
Ultra Mex
Ultra Macho
Ultra Film
Ultra Clasico
Ultra Luna
NBA/MLS HD 2
NBA/MLS HD 3
NBA/MLS HD 4
NBA/MLS HD 5

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
STB exchange update...

Much to my amazement (considering some of the issues I've had with V* billing in the past) my new bill was just posted and the billing amount is correct, listing only one DVR. I went to the "My Equipment" page and the old 6146 DVR is gone, only the new 7232 shows. With all the broo-ha-ha I went through with this exchange, I expected a few months of phone calls to get it straightened out.

The only thing still hanging is that the order conf # still shows active but with nothing on it and the date has changed from 06/11 to 03/20 (which is when they shipped the new box to me).

Bottom line , it seems to have worked out OK.

aaronwt
Premium Member
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to coma9

Premium Member

to coma9
said by coma9:

The following is a list of MPEG4 channels currently offered by Verizon..................

You forgot BeIN sports. That was added in my area(VHO4) at the end of March and is using H.264 also.
BlackNGold29
join:2008-07-08
Bethel Park, PA

BlackNGold29 to Rattler

to Rattler
said by Rattler:

STB exchange update...

Much to my amazement (considering some of the issues I've had with V* billing in the past) my new bill was just posted and the billing amount is correct, listing only one DVR. I went to the "My Equipment" page and the old 6146 DVR is gone, only the new 7232 shows. With all the broo-ha-ha I went through with this exchange, I expected a few months of phone calls to get it straightened out.

The only thing still hanging is that the order conf # still shows active but with nothing on it and the date has changed from 06/11 to 03/20 (which is when they shipped the new box to me).

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get your new STB? I ordered mine through the exchange last Wednesday. Thanks.

ChadH
@verizon.net

ChadH to Rattler

Anon

to Rattler
said by Rattler:

STB exchange update...

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get your STB? I put my order in last Wednesday. Thanks.