Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BuddTX

join:2004-11-26
Pearland, TX

Brazoria County TEXAS-Max Internet speed is Elite

Hello,
I am getting U-Verse Internet Friday, (a long time SBC/ATT DSL user), and I am getting only internet and uverse voice.

2 different ATT CSR's tell me that the max internet speed is the 6mb Elite. The 2nd CSR told me that was the max speed for the entire Brazoria County (just outside of Houston TX).

Can anyone confirm that Brazoria County Texas (my zip is 77581, and my area code is 281) is capped out at 6mb / second?

Would anyone know when Brazoria County might get faster internet speeds?

Thanks in advance for any information on this!

mmisek

join:2013-03-03
Cleburne, TX

You can check your address online for availiable speeds. »www.att.com/u-verse/availability/ Please enter your address/home phone and the information you need will populate within seconds.
--
Tier II Advanced Tech Support, AT&T U-verse
Fort Worth, Texas

BuddTX

Pearland, TX

Thank you.

However, when I go to the web site you referenced, I get this message:

We found a pending order for this address.

Which makes sense, as I do have a technician scheduled for Friday.

However, when I DID check the AT&T site two days ago, it did initially show that all internet speeds were available, however, after making selections, it showed that only the 6mb/second speed was available.

Also, as I stated, two AT&T CSR's told me that the highest speed available to my address was 6mb/second.

I am interested in verifying the CSR's statement that all of Brazoira County TX is limited to 6mb/second, and if this is true, when can I expect to see higher speeds?

Thanks!

mmisek

Cleburne, TX

said by BuddTX:

I am interested in verifying the CSR's statement that all of Brazoira County TX is limited to 6mb/second, and if this is true, when can I expect to see higher speeds?

You can try to get a hold of a Sales sup and request that they check the entire county for internet speed availibility. However, they use a database that tells them what is available per address. A sup may be more experienced with the navigation of the database.

In regards to when higher speed tiers will be availiable, no department will be able to give you that information but it will be sooner than you think.
--
Fort Worth, Texas

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to BuddTX

I have family in Alvin and Pearland with Uverse IPTV that are subscribed to the higher Internet packages. The type of service any ISP can provide you is never going to be based on county or zip code, but rather your unique service address.

mmisek

Cleburne, TX

Great input, Forosnai. The above is proven when considering half Johnson county is not availiable for Uverse, yet Cleburne can only receive the lowest tier (768kbps download) and Burleson has FTTP addresses.
--
Fort Worth, Texas

rmcda

@sbcglobal.net
reply to BuddTX

Yeah...i live in the same zip code. my in laws recently quit Uverse internet and the Customer Service rep said that, honestly, there's not any chance for our area getting higher than Elite for a few years!! However Xfinity has all speeds. and for the price of Elite with Uverse, we have almost 3x that with Xfinity.

BuddTX

Pearland, TX

Wow, sad news, but thanks! AT&T did give me a good deal however, so I will stay with them, at least for a while.

I could always go for Xfinity or Comcast or whatever, and get google voice, and an OBi box!