Search similar:

uniqs
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

[VOIPo.COM] Support recommends finding another provider...

I've been a customer of VOIPO for quite a number of years. For the most part, they work (so does E911 I found out).

But, on many/most occasions when my parents (who are also customers) call me, or I call them, we end up with only one party being able to hear the other. Initially, this was blamed on the simulring and us having that port to our cell phones.

So, we open a case. Sooner or later, tier 4 would work some magic and the calls would complete. For a few weeks. Or months. Then out of no where, the problem comes back.

Support has been blaming our routers (m0n0wall). But, when asked (on more than 1 occasion), we put the MTA's in front of the routers. Connected directly to the cable modems, the problems persisted.

Another interesting trick we see is all of a sudden audio drops out. For example, the parents can be on a long distance call (off of the VOIPO network), 45 minutes into the call, the audio drops out. Always 45 minutes. Me? Recently on a call with a friend who has AT&T - 17 minutes in, no more audio.

This was never an issue with Packet8, was never an issue with Vonage. So why can't VOIPO seem to get their act together?

I find it hard to believe that there aren't customers who try to call other customers on network who aren't having problems.

Hah, interesting enough, talking to the parents, writing this up, call drops - 17 minutes in, fast busy (what's so magical about 17 minutes?). Call right back, they had fast busy on their side.

So .... any personal recommendations on another provider (that isn't 8x8 or Vonage)? Or recommendations on how it might be best to fix these very annoying problems?

Rob Loxley
@optonline.net

Rob Loxley

Anon

said by ke4pym:

So .... any personal recommendations on another provider (that isn't 8x8 or Vonage)?

My personal recommendation is CallCentric.

You and your parents can even get accounts for free, and use these to call each other back and forth for testing.

The free CC account is the "IP Freedom". You get one, your parents get another one. No deposit is required.
»www.callcentric.com/rate ··· freedom/

Each CallCentric account will have a 1777xxxxxxx number. Just call each other on the other person's 1777xxxxxxx number, free and unlimited.

If your MAIN problem is calling your parents, you can even keep your Voipo account for everything else....

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

mgraves1 to ke4pym

Premium Member

to ke4pym
Knowing why things happen is the key. You can blame a provider, and perhaps that blame is even deserved, but it doesn't solve the problem.

I might expect the provider to track, diagnose and hopefully solve the problem, but then again, in the race downhill to zero $ for voice services there's precious little incentive for an ITSP to spend valuable support time tracking an uncommon complaint. If they earn so little from each customer then how can they afford the time & talent to chase down fiddly issues. Better to simply lose the customer. It will cost less to acquire a new one who doesn't have that particular issue.

That said, these sort of problems often pique my interest. When I hear of people suffering loss of audio after a consistent period of connection it makes me want to check the SIP signalling. I have heard that some companies have taken a new tact in supervising long calls. They occasionally issue a SIP re-invite in order to ensure that the call is not a dead link.

Loss of audio is one artifact of a failed handling of a SIP Re-invite. Some end-points handle SIP re-invites better than others. Such re-invites are more common when an ITSP doesn't hold onto the media stream. In such cases once the calls is setup the media is re-invited to flow directly between the end-points.

The ZipDX HDVoice demo actually has some hidden tests for re-invite handling. If you dial sip:wbdemo@conf.zipdx.com you'll hear a recording. Press 2, 3 or 4 (I think) to try different re-invites. if you lose audio your phone didn't cope well.
ke4pym
Premium Member
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

@Rob-->Thanks, I'll check them out. I think we'd both just want to have 1 provider.

@Michael-->I don't know how to dial that. I just have a standard phone connected to an MTA.

mgraves1
Premium Member
Houston, TX

mgraves1

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

@Michael-->I don't know how to dial that. I just have a standard phone connected to an MTA.

May not be practical from an MTA unless you can setup some kind of hotline dialing. Some MTAs let you setup a number that can be mapped to a predetermined SIP URI.
ke4pym
Premium Member
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by mgraves1:

said by ke4pym:

May not be practical from an MTA unless you can setup some kind of hotline dialing. Some MTAs let you setup a number that can be mapped to a predetermined SIP URI.

As far best as I know, I do not have access to the MTA. I just make sure it gets an IP address from the network.

By end point, do you mean the MTA? Or firewall?

mgraves1
Premium Member
Houston, TX

mgraves1

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

As far best as I know, I do not have access to the MTA. I just make sure it gets an IP address from the network.

By end point, do you mean the MTA? Or firewall?

Pity. You may have a locked MTA. "End-point" simply means the SIP device. In your case that's the MTA. In my realm it's more often a SIP hard phone. I haven't used ATA-type devices in years.

There's likely nothing about your router/firewall that would be causing these issues. I've used m0n0wall for many years, with multiple SIP devices behind it. No trouble at all.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan to mgraves1

Premium Member

to mgraves1
Out of curiosity- what's your call volume like? i.e. how many minutes a month incoming and outgoing do you use? talking about out-of-network calls only here.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member
join:2004-08-05

rizzo2dial to ke4pym

Premium Member

to ke4pym
said by ke4pym:

But, on many/most occasions when my parents (who are also customers) call me, or I call them, we end up with only one party being able to hear the other. Initially, this was blamed on the simulring and us having that port to our cell phones.

So, we open a case. Sooner or later, tier 4 would work some magic and the calls would complete. For a few weeks. Or months. Then out of no where, the problem comes back.

I experience issues w/ VOIPo "in network" calling as well, where there's 1-way audio issues between myself and another VOIPo customer I occassionally call. Both of us use VOIPo supplied equipment along w/ BYOD equipment, so VOIPo support blames the dual devices as causing conflicts, even though BYOD devices connect to a different SIP Server than VOIPo supplied hardware. Calling "off network" (i.e. VOIPo to NON-VOIPo) doesn't have any 1-way audio issues whatsoever, be it from the VOIPo supplied hardware or the BYOD hardware. It also makes no difference whether the call is SENT or RECEIVED when the connection is "off network."
said by ke4pym:

Support has been blaming our routers (m0n0wall). But, when asked (on more than 1 occasion), we put the MTA's in front of the routers. Connected directly to the cable modems, the problems persisted.

Have experienced the same issue.
said by ke4pym:

Another interesting trick we see is all of a sudden audio drops out. For example, the parents can be on a long distance call (off of the VOIPO network), 45 minutes into the call, the audio drops out. Always 45 minutes. Me? Recently on a call with a friend who has AT&T - 17 minutes in, no more audio.

Have experienced this issue plenty often as well. The work-around I've figured out is to click the "flash" button on my phone (acting like I'm answering call-waiting and/or initiating a 3-way call), wait for the "other side" dial-tone, then press the "flash"
button again to return to the initial call. When doing that, the audio stream miraculously re-appears.
said by ke4pym:

This was never an issue with Packet8, was never an issue with Vonage. So why can't VOIPO seem to get their act together?

I never had such strange issues w/ other providers either, including P8, RNK, ViaTalk, even MagicJunk (back when it could be made to work w/ an ATA).
said by ke4pym:

I find it hard to believe that there aren't customers who try to call other customers on network who aren't having problems.

There are. I know of myself and at least 2 other VOIPo customers w/ such issues.
said by ke4pym:

Hah, interesting enough, talking to the parents, writing this up, call drops - 17 minutes in, fast busy (what's so magical about 17 minutes?). Call right back, they had fast busy on their side.

So .... any personal recommendations on another provider (that isn't 8x8 or Vonage)? Or recommendations on how it might be best to fix these very annoying problems?

If I could find an RNK reseller who's anywhere near as inexpensive as VOIPo, I'd switch back in a heartbeat. Alas, the one thing VOIPo has going for it (for the type of service it offers) is an extremely compelling price.

Good Ol Dan
join:2000-05-15
The Villages, FL

Good Ol Dan to ke4pym

to ke4pym
Ditto the problems that ke4pym and rizzo2dial are experiencing. I've opened support tickets with reference to specific calls from the call logs that had issues like these. After a while I get a response that they've "made some changes" and "things should be better"... but they aren't.

These issues aren't constant, but occur often enough that this is really getting to be a PITA. Silly me... I took advantage of annual renewal specials so I think I'm pre-paid into 2017 or something. Maybe it's time to chalk it up to experience and move on...

Dan
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Irvine, CA

VOIPoTim to ke4pym

Premium Member

to ke4pym
We're not aware of any wide-spread issues with this. Based on our side, if we have a widespread issues, we are slammed with hundreds of tickets instantly. Right now we only have 3 tickets in our main queue and 2 tickets in our Tier II queue so there's definitely not a widespread issue going on. See »i.imgur.com/qRP5rV8.png for a screenshot

Generally when we see this type of issue, it's related to specific home network setup or some other variable outside of our control. All VoIP networks are different and interact with different home networks/NAT setups differently. We can account for about 99% of those setups, but there's always going to be about 1% that have issues. That 1% will vary from provider to provider since there is no way to handle things in a way that works with all home routers/NAT setups (only about 99%) because many routers don't handle things in accordance with standards and we have to develop "fixes" in our system to account for that.

Again I don't believe there is a widespread issue here, but I'd be happy to have our CTO look at some of the call examples to make sure there is nothing on our end that we can do. If anyone has a specific call example to check, just e-mail the Call ID from your call logs to me at tim @ voipo.com and I'll be happy to have it checked out. For the 3 of you reporting issues in this thread, please PM or e-mail your VOIPo phone number so he can identify you and pull up your accounts to look at.

Rob Loxley
@optonline.net

Rob Loxley to ke4pym

Anon

to ke4pym
Something just occurred to me that I'd like clarification on.

You made the title of this thread, [Support recommends finding another provider].

Yet in your post, you don't specifically comment on that. Apologies if I missed it.

Did Voipo support make that exact statement to you, or not?

That's an important issue, it seems to me.

IF they did say that exact thing, then I imagine that VoipoTim would be interested in commenting on that.

But again, did they really say that, or was it just an implication on their part (or an inference on your part)?

toolazy
@netbuy.nl

toolazy to VOIPoTim

Anon

to VOIPoTim
said by VOIPoTim:

... just e-mail the Call ID from your call logs to me at tim @ voipo.com and I'll be happy to have it checked out. ...

I have also had the issue with long calls getting cut off predictably, I've just been re-dialing to get connected again. Next time it happens I'll send related call information. I suspect a lot of us are just not motivated enough to file a ticket for every time we have an issue as long as we can recover somehow (re-dialing included) and that might explain the low ticket volume.

Good Ol Dan
join:2000-05-15
The Villages, FL

Good Ol Dan to VOIPoTim

to VOIPoTim
said by VOIPoTim:

Generally when we see this type of issue, it's related to specific home network setup or some other variable outside of our control. All VoIP networks are different and interact with different home networks/NAT setups differently. We can account for about 99% of those setups, but there's always going to be about 1% that have issues. That 1% will vary from provider to provider since there is no way to handle things in a way that works with all home routers/NAT setups (only about 99%) because many routers don't handle things in accordance with standards and we have to develop "fixes" in our system to account for that.

Tim, I don't know how things could get much cleaner here. Start with a 25mbps symmeteric FiOS connection that has extremely low, consistent latency. A brand new, Actiontec Rev I router (experienced the same problems with an older Rev D)... and after forwarding a HUGE block of ports to the Linksys adapter for a long time I finally put the Linksys in the DMZ. No help. And although I've sent specific examples of calls that have these problems to support, there's no real pattern... except for the nature of the problems themselves. And the problems never seem to go away.

I see a few odd things in the Linksys PAP setup, like an extraordinarily long SIP re-registration time (like 17860 seconds!). Maybe there's an issue with the PAP programming? I keep a dynamic DNS address updated... maybe we need to be able to report our current public IP more robustly using this, STUN, etc?

I've been a VoIPo cheerleader for a long time, and to be fair things work well MOST of the time. But a call failure rate of maybe like 5% wears on you, and trying to explain the intricacies of VoIP to my wife after a call to her Mom just went one-way audio or a call doesn't complete doesn't go very far.

Dan
ke4pym
Premium Member
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to Rob Loxley

Premium Member

to Rob Loxley
said by Rob Loxley :

Something just occurred to me that I'd like clarification on.

You made the title of this thread, [Support recommends finding another provider].

Yet in your post, you don't specifically comment on that. Apologies if I missed it.

Did Voipo support make that exact statement to you, or not?

That's an important issue, it seems to me.

IF they did say that exact thing, then I imagine that VoipoTim would be interested in commenting on that.

But again, did they really say that, or was it just an implication on their part (or an inference on your part)?

Hi Rob.

Yes, the person at support recommended that I find another provider. To be clear, he was nice about it. But made it sound as if nothing more was going to be done by VOIPo about the issues me and my parents are having.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

1 recommendation

rizzo2dial to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim
said by VOIPoTim:

WAgain I don't believe there is a widespread issue here, but I'd be happy to have our CTO look at some of the call examples to make sure there is nothing on our end that we can do. If anyone has a specific call example to check, just e-mail the Call ID from your call logs to me at tim @ voipo.com and I'll be happy to have it checked out. For the 3 of you reporting issues in this thread, please PM or e-mail your VOIPo phone number so he can identify you and pull up your accounts to look at.

The last time I worked w/ VOIPo support to diagnose my "in network" calling issues, I PM'd you then. You got your CTO involved, and after considerable tests and time spent w/ him, he concluded that the issues were being caused by dual ATAs (on my end) connected to the VOIPo network (first ATA: VOIPo supplied equipment, 2nd ATA: personal BYOD adapter), even though the issues would occur on VOIPo's supplied equpiment when both the VOIPo and BYOD equipment were connected. He further advised that BYOD is unsupported and implied that if issues are occuring due to BYOD, I'm on my own.

Subsequent to that period, tickets I submitted for other issues resulted in an initial response such as "Have you disconnected all other equipment except VOIPo's?" before support would take any action on the reported issues. (One of the issues I reported was that an external VOIPo VM dial-up number wasn't working, even from my cell phone, an issue that had nothing to do any VOIPo equipment on my end. Hence, the response about disconnecting my BYOD equipment was infuriating in that instance).

I've connected multiple ATA's w/ practically every other VOIP provider I've had, yet the issues I've experienced w/ VOIPo's "in network" calling are IMO limited to VOIPo itself. With other providers, "advanced features" like simring work whether I receive calls "off network" (i.e. from the PSTN) or "in network" (i.e. from another VOIPo caller). With VOIPo, after almost 3 YEARS of service, simring still only works with "off network" calls (for me).

The issues where I have one-way audio (from the start of the call) only occur w/ VOIPo "in network" calls.

Off network calls, when they establish (which is 95% of the time), start out w/ bi-directional audio and typically last for the duration of the call; however, I do experience times when the call loses audio in one direction (usally 15+ mins into the call). Hitting the FLASH BUTTON TWICE (once to switch over to the 3-way calling side, a second time to return to the initial call) typically restores the disrupted audio stream.

As others have pointed out, placing calls w/ VOIPo typically works 95% of the time on the first try, but when they fail, the attempted call generates a fast-busy signal. I assume this issue is primarily with "off network" calls since I severely limit the amount of "in network" calls I place (due to the chronic issues I have with them). The fast busy gets annoying after a while, as is having to re-dial, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

BTW, by being forced to place off-network calls (when I could be placing in-network calls) ends up costing you [VOIPo] more $$$, since you pay for PSTN establsihed calls while in-network calls are fee free to you.

Sadly I've determined that when it comes to VOIPo, you get what you pay for. You are very low cost provider, but as a result of that, there are issues w/ the quality of your service. I've had far superior VOIP service in the past w/ other providers, but usually at a considerably higher price. I consider RNK's VOIP Service to be the GOLD STANDARD (among providers I've tried), but finding a reseller for them, let alone one who charges a decent price for it, is extremely challenging.

At this point my VOIPo service is paid up through sometime in 2014, and I believe I'm on the "free" portion of my service (i.e. buy 1 year, get 1 year "free"). Hence, there's really no value left for me to obtain via a pro-rated refund, so I intend to use up my remaining time to see how things progress. If VOIPo fixes its chronic "in network" calling (and other) issues, there's a strong possiblity I'll renew. Otherwise, I'll have to keep my options open.

Rob Loxley
@optonline.net

Rob Loxley

Anon

said by rizzo2dial:

I consider RNK's VOIP Service to be the GOLD STANDARD (among providers I've tried), but finding a reseller for them, let alone one who charges a decent price for it, is extremely challenging.

I'm curious as to who the RNK resellers are to begin with.

I know that both AxVoice and Voxby had been RNK resellers, but I don't know if that is still the case.

------------------

Ah, this is interesting.

RNK back in 2004 offered "Lifetime VoIP" for a one-time payment of $ 999.

Here's the Voip Tech Chat thread from 2004:
»[Other Providers] News-Lifetime Voip $999
tritch
join:2007-04-30
Porter, TX

1 edit

tritch to ke4pym

to ke4pym
Interesting....just the opposite for me. I find Voipo's in-network calls to be extremely reliable.

I've been with Voipo for over 4 years and I'm not seeing any of these Voipo-to-Voipo (or any other out-of-network) issues. I'd say over 90% of my calls every month are to my elderly father who also has Voipo. I routinely make over 1000 minutes of in-network calls every month with no disconnects or one-way audio problems for neither of us. Long or short calls makes no difference.

My setup: DSL modem (bridged) -> ATA (SPA2102)

Something seems to be pointing towards your network (ISP, call routing, etc) or faulty/misconfigured equipment (ATA, modem, etc). I'd be curious to see if you could duplicate any of these issues if you took the ATA over to a family/friend's house and tried it there. Also, do any of these problems crop up when using a softphone? At the very least, this would eliminate the ATA as the culprit.
ke4pym
Premium Member
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by tritch:

Interesting....just the opposite for me. I find Voipo's in-network calls to be extremely reliable.

I've been with Voipo for over 4 years and I'm not seeing any of these Voipo-to-Voipo (or any other out-of-network) issues. I'd say over 90% of my calls every month are to my elderly father who also has Voipo. I routinely make over 1000 minutes of in-network calls every month with no disconnects or one-way audio problems for neither of us. Long or short calls makes no difference.

My setup: DSL modem (bridged) -> ATA (SPA2102)

Something seems to be pointing towards your network (ISP, call routing, etc) or faulty/misconfigured equipment (ATA, modem, etc). I'd be curious to see if you could duplicate any of these issues if you took the ATA over to a family/friend's house and tried it there. Also, do any of these problems crop up when using a softphone? At the very least, this would eliminate the ATA as the culprit.

I don't have a softphone or the gear to use it. At both my and my parent's house we have had both MTA's connected directly to the cable modems and still experience these issues.

I cannot comment on configuration of the MTA since I don't have access to it. I know support as tinkered with it in the past. And it seems that after they tinker with it, life is good. For awhile. And initially they were blaming the simulring system as causing the issues. I love me some simulring. But we had to both turn it off due to issues. Which was weird being in network and all. I dunno.

Anyway, we disabled simulring and much like in the past, it fixed it, for awhile. But the problems still persist as described in the OP.

I've been a VOIPo customer for at least 4 years. Maybe a bit longer. Parents, about 3 years. This has always been a problem.

The parents do not share a common ISP. The parents are on their 2nd MTA. The first one they had died. VOIPO was very quick to get them a replacement adapter. Problems followed the adapter.

I don't generally have off-network issues. So long as the off-network line is not a cell phone. Both the parents and I have a horrible time with cell phones. 99.8% of the time, we can hear the remote caller. But they can't hear us.

Sometimes when we try calling our VOIPO numbers from cell phones we just get "the number you are trying to call has been disconnected or is no longer in service". Dial it back 5 minutes later and BAM. It goes through.

A few years ago, I would have to participate in hours long (read: 8-12 hour) conference calls for work. Those would *never* have issues. Ever. Just recently, I did have a 4 hour conf call and it was a solid connection as well.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial to tritch

Premium Member

to tritch
said by tritch:

VOIPo in-network calls, for the most part, work for me as well, but when they don't, it's consistent. That is, for those callers I've had issues with, I was able to reproduce it 100% of the time (and did so for VOIPo's CTO). For one of those callers, he and I both have Obihai adapters (in addition to VOIPo equipment), where Obihai provides a free service for Obi-to-Obi dialing (using each adapter's internally assigned "Obi #"). So while VOIPo was failing, Obihai worked just fine (under the same ISP connections on both ends, w/ the same routers, etc.) I don't know if those VOIPo connections still fail as I either use Obi-to-Obi dialing, or I dial the person's cell phone #.
said by tritch:

Something seems to be pointing towards your network (ISP, call routing, etc) or faulty/misconfigured equipment (ATA, modem, etc).

I tinkered w/ my BYOD ATA plenty to work around the issue, no luck. Put the VOIPo ATA in the DMZ, no luck.
said by tritch:

I'd be curious to see if you could duplicate any of these issues if you took the ATA over to a family/friend's house and tried it there. Also, do any of these problems crop up when using a softphone? At the very least, this would eliminate the ATA as the culprit.

When I did my testing, I tried softphone and was able to duplicate the issues as well. I think I even connected my laptop to a neighbor's Wifi signal (who uses a different ISP), testing softphone on that connection, yet still had issues.

One thing I don't think I tried though, which ke4pym See Profile apparently did, is disabling simring. That feature anyway doesn't work for me with in-network calls, and disabling simring apparently hasn't stopped the in-network audio issues for ke4pym See Profile, so I'm skeptical that it would would be the panacea. Even if it is, lack of simring is a deal breaker (for me).

For all of the issues listed in this thread, I still consider VOIPo to be a worthwhile service, and for many it seems to be an exceptional service. Tim not only listens to reported issues, he responds to them as well as best he can. That speaks volumes about his integrity and his company. Thus, I hope VOIPo figures out the root causes of the various issues discussed in this thread and resolves them.

meh123
join:2005-09-22
U.S.

meh123 to VOIPoTim

to VOIPoTim
I'm still getting a delay in audio of around 8 seconds when I try calling (in-network) to another VOIPo subscriber. Signalling works, the call establishes but there is still that delay. I've put in several tickets to no avail. The last I got was that BYOD is still in beta and not officially supported. I've subsequently decided to just dial in-network calls on a different trunk sent out directly to the PSTN.

VOIPo is a solid provider for what they offer. You do get what you pay for.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim
Tim,
Is there a star code (*xx) supported by VOIPo which forces a call to go through the PSTN, even if the number being called is a VOIPo number? If not, setting one up may provide a reasonable work-around for affected customers.

Rob Loxley
@optonline.net

Rob Loxley to ke4pym

Anon

to ke4pym
said by ke4pym:

I don't have a softphone or the gear to use it.

Just so you know (and for the sake of other readers) there is no special gear needed.

A softphone is merely software for your computer. There are many good free softphones.
»www.3cx.com/voip/softphone/

I am sure that your computer has a speaker attached, even if you don't have an earphone.

The only other thing that would be needed would be a microphone. Most people do have some type of mike today....

The suggestion was only made for testing/diagnostic purposes.
ke4pym
Premium Member
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by Rob Loxley :

said by ke4pym:

I don't have a softphone or the gear to use it.

Just so you know (and for the sake of other readers) there is no special gear needed.

A softphone is merely software for your computer. There are many good free softphones.
»www.3cx.com/voip/softphone/

I am sure that your computer has a speaker attached, even if you don't have an earphone.

The only other thing that would be needed would be a microphone. Most people do have some type of mike today....

The suggestion was only made for testing/diagnostic purposes.

Thanks for the information. I do not have a mic. Nor the desire to spend cash on one just to verify what is already known.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Irvine, CA

VOIPoTim to ke4pym

Premium Member

to ke4pym
ke4pym - Thanks for e-mailing the call samples. I passed them on to our CTO and he said in your examples, we saw that the 2 ATAs for your on-net calls were negotiating T.38 which is a codec for faxing and that was messing up signaling.

He will be tweaking the ATA config to prevent that codec from being triggered and will be in touch with you to discuss and let you know when to re-test.

It's possible that this is why you have been having on-net issues (when that codec was negotiated by the ATAs). Once he makes that change for you, he will ask you to re-test and continue working with you to resolve.

For others having issues...

This is definitely not a wide spread issue so the only way to get things resolved for those of you reporting issues is to provide specific examples. Keep in mind that we cannot do anything if it involves BYOD or complex setups, but if you are using our ATA and having issues, send the examples and I'll have our CTO look into it.