how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

meh123

join:2005-09-22
U.S.
reply to VOIPoTim

Re: [VOIPo.COM] Support recommends finding another provider...

I'm still getting a delay in audio of around 8 seconds when I try calling (in-network) to another VOIPo subscriber. Signalling works, the call establishes but there is still that delay. I've put in several tickets to no avail. The last I got was that BYOD is still in beta and not officially supported. I've subsequently decided to just dial in-network calls on a different trunk sent out directly to the PSTN.

VOIPo is a solid provider for what they offer. You do get what you pay for.

rizzo2dial
Premium
join:2004-08-05
reply to VOIPoTim

Tim,
Is there a star code (*xx) supported by VOIPo which forces a call to go through the PSTN, even if the number being called is a VOIPo number? If not, setting one up may provide a reasonable work-around for affected customers.

Rob Loxley

@optonline.net
reply to ke4pym

said by ke4pym:

I don't have a softphone or the gear to use it.

Just so you know (and for the sake of other readers) there is no special gear needed.

A softphone is merely software for your computer. There are many good free softphones.
»www.3cx.com/voip/softphone/

I am sure that your computer has a speaker attached, even if you don't have an earphone.

The only other thing that would be needed would be a microphone. Most people do have some type of mike today....

The suggestion was only made for testing/diagnostic purposes.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable

said by Rob Loxley :

said by ke4pym:

I don't have a softphone or the gear to use it.

Just so you know (and for the sake of other readers) there is no special gear needed.

A softphone is merely software for your computer. There are many good free softphones.
»www.3cx.com/voip/softphone/

I am sure that your computer has a speaker attached, even if you don't have an earphone.

The only other thing that would be needed would be a microphone. Most people do have some type of mike today....

The suggestion was only made for testing/diagnostic purposes.

Thanks for the information. I do not have a mic. Nor the desire to spend cash on one just to verify what is already known.

VOIPoTim
VOIPo.com
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-06
Newport Beach, CA
kudos:3
reply to ke4pym

ke4pym - Thanks for e-mailing the call samples. I passed them on to our CTO and he said in your examples, we saw that the 2 ATAs for your on-net calls were negotiating T.38 which is a codec for faxing and that was messing up signaling.

He will be tweaking the ATA config to prevent that codec from being triggered and will be in touch with you to discuss and let you know when to re-test.

It's possible that this is why you have been having on-net issues (when that codec was negotiated by the ATAs). Once he makes that change for you, he will ask you to re-test and continue working with you to resolve.

For others having issues...

This is definitely not a wide spread issue so the only way to get things resolved for those of you reporting issues is to provide specific examples. Keep in mind that we cannot do anything if it involves BYOD or complex setups, but if you are using our ATA and having issues, send the examples and I'll have our CTO look into it.