how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Electechjr

join:2013-03-05
Indianapolis, IN

DSL to internet only uverse, no internet

Posted in direct forum, hoping to avoid a truck roll if possible!

Just got a uverse modem 3600 self install kit. after 8 pm installed. same line that i had dsl working.

Broadband light on, service light off or red
Gateway authentication Failure when open browser.

No ip address in gateway.2wire.net. Got speeds showing up and down. 13200 kbps down, 1528 kbps up.

Customer service insists a tech come out and work inside to resolve. I am sure it is not an inside issue and have to take off work to be here for tech.

I am showing DSL connected, internet shows connecting
I think the modem they sent looks used. Customer service says the modem is not activating.

I have the old dsl filter installed in the garage with a line ran just for the modem. Getting a strong dial tone on that line when I hooked a phone up to it, just to check it.

mmisek

join:2013-03-03
Cleburne, TX

If the broadband light is solid green and the service light is off/red, then you have what we call Sync No Service. There are many different scenarios that can cause this issue, but a tech may need to swap the port you are provisioned to and/or swap the modem. Basically, your order is on the last freakin' step to completion but your modem is trying to provision to something it cannot. You should not be charged for the truck roll, but it is necessary and you're probably not going to be able to avoid one.
--
Tier II Advanced Tech Support, AT&T U-verse
Fort Worth, Texas

Electechjr

Indianapolis, IN
reply to Electechjr

Ok, will the tech have a modem to swap? In the past if it was possibly a modem they would send one next day.

Just kinda made me mad when the cs rep said they would not charge me if it was ATT equipment. I had a working DSL line and was forced to change to uverse. There was a tech out today, not sure what they did, it was all outside. Cant they check the port before they come out? In order to be home I am going to lose 4 hours pay something I want to avoid.

mmisek

join:2013-03-03
Cleburne, TX

Yes, the tech should have the equipment on his truck. If not, then he will have to make the "Inventory Trip of Shame". The rep is only reading a script to avoid GCA, but if he/she actually read AT&T's articles they would know that we have a 30day guarantee starting the second your install order completes. Yes and No a tech can check the port before they come out. Yes: They have a tool that allows them to lock/unlock the port and depending on what your modem does, they can then verify port provisioning. No: They have to be at the premise to utilize this tool. In regards to having to miss out on work, I wish you were in an area where we are testing 2hour timeframes so that it would not have such an impact.
--
Tier II Advanced Tech Support, AT&T U-verse
Fort Worth, Texas

Electechjr

Indianapolis, IN
reply to Electechjr

New modem fixed the problem. Tech had one with him. Different model 3801HGV.