morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

Chomping at the bit for 150/10

Well I am now chomping at the bit for Teksavvy to get its Atpia POI up and running for oshawa, the 300 gig 150/10 Tier seems quite appetizing to me at the moment 85 bucks with a 6 hour window is Yum, 6 hours of 20 megs /second or something close to it.. MMM yumm!
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

You're going to download 461GB a night?

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

Sounds good to me I WILL FIND 12TB to download a month! rofl. 4k Video is going to take alot of bandwidth i am sure on sonys new service with ps4 so
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
reply to morisato

why not ? it's only 4 movies at 4K on the PS4 network. 4 movies can be watched in 1 night yes.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

TSI won't be going to aggregated POI model for a while, you might want to look at what Start can offer in the next few days with their new pricing and 150/10 package as well. rocca has indicated they will be offering off-peak usage too.

elec999

join:2005-12-19
reply to morisato

Tekksavvy offer 150/10?

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to morisato

Champ

Nitpick: "Champing" is the original correct usage, but "chomping" has become more popular since nobody knows what "champing" means.

Anyways, what are you going to do with your 150 Mbps down? I also wonder how well neighbourhoods are going to handle this. Remember, it's not just TSI that has congestion issues. Rogers etc. does too, albeit at a lesser extent, although that may increase soon with a rush of new cable subscribers getting cheap internet access at high bitrates with unlimited data usage (both on TSI and Rogers etc.).

--
Everything Apple

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:10
reply to morisato

Re: Chomping at the bit for 150/10

Marc just posted this in the TSI forum, not sure which POI serves Oshawa »[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Technically Oshawa doesn't have TSI Cable service yet AFAIK. Whitby doesn't even have full service. Only certain parts of it are serviced by the Salem (Ajax) POI.

There is hope that Oshawa is one of the 13 that will be lit up first when the actual APOI link goes live on March 22nd.

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to morisato

"Well I am now chomping at the bit for Teksavvy to get its Atpia POI up and running for oshawa, the 300 gig 150/10 Tier seems quite appetizing to me at the moment 85 bucks with a 6 hour window is Yum, 6 hours of 20 megs /second or something close to it.. MMM yumm!"

CIK Telecom offers the Same plan for $99 Unlimited. Teksavvy offers it for $219.

I don't see any point in purchasing the same plan for $10 cheaper with a 300Gb cap.

elec999

join:2005-12-19
reply to morisato

There must be a reason why tekksavvy is so expensive or why others are 50% cheaper.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

well Ciktel seems to be oversold or poorly managed with congestion at peak on a regular basis. Start does seem to be the better deal tho for 150/10 with the 100GB extra cap and $10 cheaper (on top of no moving fees).

TSI has much better support than Ciktel as well as better network performance,

HenryA

join:2011-05-28

Gotta second that jmck. I wouldn't go with Ciktel either. It's consistently bogged down every night until it's at dial up speed.