share rss forum feed

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show

join:2000-01-05
Quincy, MA
kudos:1
reply to Packeteers

Re: they only alienate future fios customers

I've been on Verizon DSL since 12/99. I'd SO love to get FIOS, but living in a suburb of Boston, I don't see that happening any time soon! Yet, a friend in Braintree, one town south of me, emails me a screenshot from speedtest.net showing his FIOS at about 58 down & 35 up. I'm SO jealous. If I want that kind of speed, my only option would be Comcrap. And hate their "first-year" pricing promotions, fees & constant hikes.
--
"I wish Information would stop calling me ma'am!" -- Emory: The Boys in the Band (1970)

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
after a decade on Verizon DSL i too was reluctant and biased against CableTV based ISP's, but you really should give them a try. TWC also gave me a cheaper first year, but unlike Verizon they didn't lock me into a year contract with early cancellation penalties - my service commitment was Month to Month. If Comcast does something similar in your area, and offers the first 30 day trail period with a money back guarantee, I would try to get over my bias and give them a try - while your Verizon modem is still active. being able to compare them side by side finally convinced me what a sucker I was for staying loyal to Verizon