s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to Mordred

Re: [MoP] 5.2 Progression Thread

3 heals , people have to stay out of bad stuff and stackup and use raid cooldowns at the right time.

Make sure that people are using the fire and ice debuff's to clear the fight area of bad stuff.

Otherwise just pew pew / loot / win / cookies / strippers.

I know we killed the same colors and alternated except for one time we switched to kill a different color. I think we used GRGRBRG.

Mordred

join:2013-01-02
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB
That is the order I like, every other order we would get random deaths from kiting the ice beam, plus more bad luck with healers having to kite 2 or 3 times in a row. I tank the red snake, have no trouble till we go into the 5th rampage, I think it is a healer issue when I die there. I have the fire dot that carries over. I think I am using my CDs correctly. I am spec'd into Hand of Purity, plus I am getting barkskin from symbiosis.

Weout44

join:2013-01-17
Miller Place, NY
reply to JB
Our first kill in the 2nd week of TOT(pre-nerf) we actually 4 healed it..

But , our way is the same way in LFR, we kill only green and red. Move out for debuff and move away from green venom. Stack for their breath ability after a head dies, (alternate healing cd's , personals etc). Do this 7 times you win. If you have a warlock you can cheese alot of the mechanics on maegara. Warlock gate for the win!!!

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to Mordred
I personally take clemency and this way i have two HoP's and two Hand of Sacrifice.

I usually swap out to double stam trinkets and use a T14 2Set for the 1minute reduction on the bonus set and a T15 2Set as well.

Lock cookies and health pots as well for everyone help too.

Mordred

reply to JB
Does HoP clear the stacks, I was under the impression that it did not?

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
It doesnt but it helps out with those idiots that dont move fast enough from bad stuff.

Plus its fun to put on your melee dps just to hear them nerd rage in vent.

Mordred

reply to JB
Worth it for the melee alone

Mordred

reply to JB
Finaly got Megaera down. Staring at snakes for hours was getting old.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Get these **** snacks off this **** plane, er a raid?

Mordred

reply to JB
At some points I was hoping SLJ would come and save us.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to JB
10m Normal Horridon down... finally. it felt very good.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
kudos:1
said by Immer:

10m Normal Horridon down... finally. it felt very good.

That it did.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Weout44
said by Weout44:

Our first kill in the 2nd week of TOT(pre-nerf) we actually 4 healed it..

But , our way is the same way in LFR, we kill only green and red. Move out for debuff and move away from green venom. Stack for their breath ability after a head dies, (alternate healing cd's , personals etc). Do this 7 times you win. If you have a warlock you can cheese alot of the mechanics on maegara. Warlock gate for the win!!!

6 times, actually. You kill 7 heads, so there's only 6 transitions/rampages.

This tier has been really unfriendly to melee-heavy groups.

Raid 1 - Working on Megaera.

Raid 2 - H. Jin-Rohk down, working on H. Ji-kun (next easiest)

Also, a Warlock also makes Iron Qon REALLY easy.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

1 recommendation

reply to Immer
You guys got horridon? Awesome! Way to go PnE!

Dillinja

join:2011-10-01
UK

1 recommendation

Hey all - My guild on Eonar EU killed Lei Shen for the first time last week was nice to finally get him down now we start on out HC progress.....To be fair we should have cleared it a lot sooner but like a lot of guilds we got stuck on Horridon longer than we wanted, other than that the rest was cake.

Mordred

Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to JB
Gratz to Immer and the team on Horridon. Tortos is alot of fun, should be a nice change from a giant dinosaur.

We finally got Megaera down then smashed Jin'rok. On to Durumu, we had 3 attempts on it. I think we are going to keep with a single pally tank. I have not done it on LFR, but the maze was alot easier than I thought it would be. It is def one of those fights where there is alot going on. I just stand in my beam, HoF when I get 6 stacks and run through a maze. Not really sure what else is going on.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to Pollux7777
said by Pollux7777:

You guys got horridon? Awesome! Way to go PnE!

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to Immer
Gratz on getting Horridon down!!!

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to Immer
Congrats Immer, that fight is a bitch to kill the first time. You'll roll it from here on in. You'll smoke council pretty quickly now.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by qualitybobby:

Congrats Immer, that fight is a bitch to kill the first time. You'll roll it from here on in. You'll smoke council pretty quickly now.

Thanks. We have a long way to go, though. We pugged a 515 pally tank who pulled the most ridiculous numbers I've ever seen (heals and dps) and solo tanked horridon. We still had to deal with charge (to keep his healer in range for dispels) and we brute-force healed through the 4th door and the wargod... dps has improved a lot, but in our initial attempts at council we never got sul below 20%... so more work is needed.

Question for the true raiders: How would your rank the T14 (not MSV) heroic mode fights? We need to practice the tougher stuff.
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Easiest by far is Elegon (easier than kitties)

Elegon > Kitties > Feng > Garaj > Spirit Kings > Will

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
awesome! how about HOF/TOES?

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
IMO H MSV is not even worth your quality raiding time, stick with ToT. You will have lots to look forward to in ToT.

Never done H HoF or H ToES, I hear people are pugging H Sha now, so it must not be that hard.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
yeah... that's why I said "not MSV"... but it's all good, man.

We need more kills... more practice with /assist targeting, critical melt mob X now!

We need practice having everyone (healers/dps) anticipating major events and reacting quickly without prompting. That is what cleaned up our Horridon kill the most (having 2 adds down before dino mancer shows up is soooo much better) but the loa spirits on council are lightning fast in normal compared to their LFR counterparts. We were too slow... We couldn't kill Sul AND prevent an empowered boss from capping energy (we couldn't even kill sul while ignoring the empowered, lol).

Heroic Protectors of the Endless seems perfect for practice with the constantly spawning adds and the buff, and whatnot... but it proved really tough on our healers... but I think things like that is what is supposed to prepare us for the real fights.
--

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
for the LOA spirits put your pally tank on the caster , priestess - have them macro FoJ so they stun it.

The only thing to be careful about is to not interrupt her and have her follow when you go to pickup the frost king.

The macro is like:
/tar blessed blah blah spirit
/cast Fist of Justice
/y I stunned it!!! Hit it like you rented it!!
/clear tar

Just change the name for the shadowed ones. The tank should be able to get everyone of them imo. Even if it is a warrior / DK / monk you can use:

Shockwave , icy chains , legswipe thingy for monk to keep it stunned.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
said by s1deout:

for the LOA spirits put your pally tank on the caster , priestess - have them macro FoJ so they stun it.

The only thing to be careful about is to not interrupt her and have her follow when you go to pickup the frost king.

The macro is like:
/tar blessed blah blah spirit
/cast Fist of Justice
/y I stunned it!!! Hit it like you rented it!!
/clear tar

Just change the name for the shadowed ones. The tank should be able to get everyone of them imo. Even if it is a warrior / DK / monk you can use:

Shockwave , icy chains , legswipe thingy for monk to keep it stunned.

You could just use the minimum unique beginning characters really. Hopefully those are all the same so you could use one macro to target all the different animals.

*Edit

Or maybe use a macro to set your focus to the add and set right click for spells to hit the focus (if you are a clicker like me).

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
There are the blessed and shadowed on that fight so they are different.

I set Frost lord as my focus and use a focus taunt macro so i dont have to worry about where he is to grab him , i just have to be in range of taunt.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Goldheart
you can use "shadowed" and "blessed" but there's no way to have the same line to target both. Although, you could probably put both lines in since there shouldn't be 2 different loas up at any given time.
--

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
Exactly. Make a /tar line for each in the macro and it will target whichever one is active at the time.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
The only downside to that is on some fights , not this one mind you , both types could be active and then what would your targeting macro do then?

Yes it is not the most effiecient but it does work for me to have seperate macros as I like to have a seperate macro bar up and bound for specific fights as a tank.