how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

[MoP] 5.2 Went Live

Now that it's out, lets discuss our experiences with it so far.

1. Downloads - I fired up the launcher, put my second monitor to good use, twice, then the download said it was finished. I logged in, did some stuff, then headed over to the new island. Why oh why was my client still downloading stuff in the background? It didnt affect my gameplay except for some intermittent latency spikes.

2. Xmogg - WINNING!!! I absolutely love the "same swing, do your thing" model changes. Got Phantom blades tmogged over my 463 crafted maces for my frost dk, and a 2h sword mogged over my Sha-axe on my pally. I want to refarm some caster weapons to use on these dudes.

3. New zone - holy daily quests batman... not bad for now as the spawn rate was about right for the number of people that were out and about. My only issue was the 2 Valor Points per quest.
--
Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die; Serve right and justice one last time; Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain; Cut well old friend, and then farewell.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
I loved the new transmog thing, the new zone is a lag fest and not easy to navigate.
--
When on dangerous ground maneuver, when on deadly ground fight.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Venom1
I like the change to frost barrier
Now I have a blue and white stripped bar that shows up on my health bar to show my effective health thanks to the bubble.

New daily hub was ok, need to pick a place to farm black price rep Saturday, I want to turn in the exalted quest while the DMF is still active. (and use the quest rep to go past being just exalted)
--
»Death Star Petition

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Venom1
It's FIVE valor points per quest and TWO lesser charms..

Anyone noticed the new UI effect on HP bars, shows you are being overhealed, kinda neat for healers

Some surprised were that some or most of the mini-bosses can one shot you if not careful, I was wondering why there was so many bones on one of them spawn points LOL

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by djlar:

Some surprised were that some or most of the mini-bosses can one shot you if not careful

You sure about that?

Though I was loling in my daily heroic of the day, the bear tank had only 475khp in bear form, and I had 450k

IMO its wrong for a mage to out health a tank.
--
»Death Star Petition

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

Anyone noticed the new UI effect on HP bars, shows you are being overhealed, kinda neat for healers

i did, it covered the first two buttons on my main action bar; so glad I'm not a clicker.

said by DarkLogix:

epix vs. 450 blues, i know cuz thats about what my dk has and he's inthe crafted blues.
--
Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die; Serve right and justice one last time; Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain; Cut well old friend, and then farewell.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to DarkLogix
A hundred or so bone corpses on the ground are a sure proof, LOL

I thought at first it was a lair-like effect, sort of a carpet of bones, but when I was killed I wasn't laughing, luckilly the GY was about 100yds away.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Venom1
said by Blizzard :

Rygarius
Lead Systems Designer Greg Street (Ghostcrawler) wanted to give notice of several class hotfixes that went live last night along with the reasoning behind those changes.

Hotfixes:

Mage: Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, Frost Bomb damage +40%.

Were happy with the relative power of Arcane, Fire and Frost mages in PvE to each other, but all three specs are below where we want them. We were hoping that once groups got past the first few 5.2 raid encounters that benefit a lot from multi-dotting that wed see mage DPS climb, but its not there yet. We dont want to change rotations or force players to change specs, so we wanted a relatively passive change.

We decided to buff the bombs because it affects all three specs relatively similarly and is as close to a passive form of damage as mages have. Had we buffed the cast-time nukes, the risk is that mages would lose even more DPS on high movement or high multi-dot fights, which wasnt our intent. If these buffs arent sufficient, we will happily make more, but wed rather make a few buffs a few times in a row rather than over buff then have to nerf it back down.

Warlock: Corruption damage -25%.
Warlock: Doom damage -25%.
Priest: Shadow Word: Pain damage -25%.

We want the dot specs to do well in multi-dot scenarios, but Affliction, Demonology and Shadow were doing too well on multi-dot fights and are still quite competitive on non-multi-dot fights. Balance druids, so far, are where we want them to be.

Death Knight: Howling Blast secondary target damage to 50% of primary target (down from 65%)
Death Knight: Rune Strike damage +25%.
Warrior: Shield Slam damage +25%.
Warrior: Deep Wounds damage for Protection only, +50%.

Were keeping a close eye on death knights. Frost and Unholy are both performing really well, but Frost was higher than we wanted during cleave-type scenarios. They will still be quite good at cleaving even with this change.

Tank DPS is a difficult metric to measure because some tanks care a lot about their DPS, and work to maximize it, while others are content to fill the more traditional tank role of worrying about survivability and boss control, and pay less attention to their DPS. Therefore, its challenging to analyze logs and determine whether youre seeing the full potential of tank DPS or not. For now, we think warrior and DK tank DPS was a little low, so we took steps to adjust it.

Remember, its not a goal that every spec do exactly equally well in every possible encounter, and in fact we think that would be boring. We just dont want things to get so extreme that certain specs feel like they arent meaningfully contributing to the groups efforts. All of this means that raid performance is a somewhat subjective call and wed like to ask that you keep that in mind as you offer your feedback.

--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Venom1
said by Venom1:

said by djlar:

i did, it covered the first two buttons on my main action bar; so glad I'm not a clicker.

said by DarkLogix:

epix vs. 450 blues, i know cuz thats about what my dk has and he's inthe crafted blues.

The 475k tank also had the 3x luck of the draw buff as did I.
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Immer
Saw that this morning. Not a happy camper since Aff 'lock and Spriest are my two most played/developed toons.

Personally I really don't care if some classes are higher dps than others. In fact I think they should be. What I'd really like is for them to just quit dinking with them every other week.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
They both needed it, when you're 15% higher than any other class, I'm sorry but you need a nerf.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
IMO they should stick to what blizz said a year or 2 ago, classes that can fill more than one role should be unable to do the same dps as a pure dps class.

oh well that's not happening.
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4