Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to Speedy Petey

Premium Member

to Speedy Petey

Re: Cordless Impact Driver recommendations

said by Speedy Petey:

Makita ALL the way. With the 3.0Ah batteries.

For some reason everyone likes DeWalt. I can't stand them.
I can't ever remember looking at one or using one and thinking: "Wow, this is nice. Really well made."

Old DeWalt stuff was a beautiful thing... New stuff, well, like I said, I'll know when I get the new driver.

Makita or Hilti would be my choice, if I was still contracting full time - I have an old Hilti rotary hammer that is indestructible... But I can't justify the price, for the type of work I'm doing these days. Like I said off the top - I'm more then a weekend warrior; but it doesn't pay the bills, either.

The DeWalt kit I've got coming is $200. The comparable Makita package (2 batteries, quick charger, and case) was $375... I just couldn't get over the price jump - almost doubling is a big step.
Speedy Petey
join:2008-01-19

Speedy Petey

said by LazMan:

Makita or Hilti would be my choice, if I was still contracting full time - I have an old Hilti rotary hammer that is indestructible... But I can't justify the price, for the type of work I'm doing these days. Like I said off the top - I'm more then a weekend warrior; but it doesn't pay the bills, either.

No, no, no. Hilti has come WAY down in price. They even sell it in Home Depot now.
The stuff there is all made in China now, but I'm sure it's the same as the made in Germany stuff.
LOL!!!