share rss forum feed

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Snakeoil

Re: [MoP] A Farming we will go

said by Snakeoil:

So lets say if one of my toons is exalted with tillers, can any of my toons use the farm? Or do they have to be exalted as well?

Nope. Each toon has their own farm. And progress independently of other toons. The only carry-over across toons would be the commendation. Once you got it on one toon, the rep buff would be in place for all toons (so you could get all of them to exalted quickly).

djlar

join:2009-04-23

You can get exalted in about 3 days with the commendation

Be sure to cook the daily "gifts" for each NPC

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by djlar:

You can get exalted in about 3 days with the commendation

Be sure to cook the daily "gifts" for each NPC

And get the dark soil
--
»Death Star Petition

djlar

Dark soil only advances each individual "friendlyness" not Tiller Rep.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Ah wasn't sure, as I didn't bother with dark soil till I was maxed on tiller rep, and as the food dailies gave both I figured the dark soil did too
--
»Death Star Petition

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Kilroy

Well, I have ten farms now and the last on on the server is at revered and will probably be owned by Monday. The

Yeah, the hot fix killed the double dip.

If you don't get the harvest quest after you plant you should get it the next day, at least that's what happened to me today.

I didn't have any more bugs on running the rodents over with the plow.

With the mat plants you get a random mat. They turned up the ore one, you used to get mainly ghost iron ore, now you get mainly the trillium. I've gotten quite a few golden lotus from the plants. The only one I really use is the ore since harvesting leather is easy and really a side effect of gathering meat for cooking.

All toons have to earn their own farm, but with the double rep you really blow through it. You have to buy and then USE the commendation. Don't be an idiot like me who bought it and just held it in my bag. I had six full farms before I found this out.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

djlar

They fixed the "not getting the harvest quest", you suppose to get it, because it will take another day to complete it (unless you do it near server reset time), and nobody is that lucky to get 8 instant harvest (the most I've gotten is 2)

It's been a though choice, either get mats for your feasts or profs, or do the dailies for rep

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

With 10, soon to be 11, farms, I don't have many issues with what to plant. I've got four toons farming for rep and the rest farming for cooking mats at the moment.

Found out this morning you can't plant and harvest on the same day. For example if you need witchberries you can plant eight on one side and then harvest a set of eight from the other side to complete the second part of the quest.

I haven't had the issue with the rodents that were run over by the plow since the first day, so we'll call that fixed.

I have some toons that have the farm mailbox and some that don't. I don't know the rhyme or reason for it.

I have had the second part of the quest not pop up at the right time and picked items that didn't count towards the goal. Check the wagon for a blue !

Obviously there is some tweaking still to be done and they will get it where they want eventually.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

The mailbox is from NPC rep, the mailbox is just renamed when you buy the farm.
--
»Death Star Petition