Search similar:

uniqs

En Enfer
This account has been compromised
join:2003-07-25
Montreal, QC

En Enfer

[Off-topic] Wi-Fi Router with VoIP?

I'm currently consulting for a small business commercial space, where the owner will need a basic internet connection, a phoneline for the fax machine and another phoneline for "in case you need it" usage. (The advertised phone number is a cell phone), and a HD television set will be installed, mainly for all-news channels. The company's activities are not based on communications.

Off course, I'll take Ebox cable. I was initially looking going for a cheap router with a seperated Cisco ATA, but I'd like to compare prices wih a wi-fi router with integrated ATA. What are your suggestions?

The owner will also need a machine to process debit/credit card payments. Where do I start with this?
So far, the owner receives payments by processing cheques at the beginning of each session, and the bank even charges him for that. Consequently, I hesitate to deal directly with them. I'll only need one machine.
anynomous
join:2003-06-25
montreal

anynomous

personally i wouldn't go with voip for a business , not with freephoneline anyway, it's ok for a phone line at home, but not reliable enough for a business.
i am with freephoneline at home, and yesterday again it was down, you had to move from voip.freephoneline, to voip2.freephoneline to connect to the server, and the connection was choppy. so i used my second line google voice
i went back to voip.freephoneline server this morning and now everything is working fine
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc

I'd have to agree with anynomous here. For a business usage, even a small one, I wouldn't use voip unless it's a secondary line to save on long-distance.

For any local calls, I'd would have a land line, or at least a cellphone.

En Enfer
This account has been compromised
join:2003-07-25
Montreal, QC

En Enfer

The fax line is already on voip.ms, at the owner's home on the same ATA as his home phone service, so he'll most likely move the fax machine at his workplace, which is why he'll need to buy a new ATA.
Usage is bottom low, so I might as well just plug a phone to the Fax's "Phone" output and call it a day. The phone will just be used for personnel and paying customers to make quick phone calls if needed, not as the business's phoneline. In other words, better than nothing, with 911 access.

Since I'm shopping for a router and a ATA, I might as well look for router+wifi+ATA into one machine and save some extra wires.

vitesse
join:2002-12-17
Saint-Philippe, QC

vitesse to En Enfer

to En Enfer
For interact you could try Moneris, the service is good and the price too. The machine is easy to setup too.

AS for VOIP for business I would go with that anytime. A Bell commercial line is way too much expensive for most use. It the safest solution but it come with a premium price. You need to talk a lot to recoup the price Bell charge for a commercial phone line. I commercially use VOIP.MS with gigaset VOIP phone and Ebox on cable and DSL for more than a years without any problem.

As for an ATA, I would go directly with a native VOIP phone