spc
uniqs

nyc fios 123
@foxnews.com

nyc fios 123 to nycdave

Anon

to nycdave

Re: [TIVO] FIOS NYC, TIVO and Comedy Central Problems

ok well that explains why i am not receiving TVGNHD. I will check 752 tonight. if 752 comes in fine and 690 is still black what do you think the problem is??

and to "More Fber":

how does the ONT affect internet speeds? Why do i need the new one? are there any benefits to new ONT that i will actually experience? Will a new ONT improve my FIOS tv?

Thanks for all the help from everyone

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Hard to say without knowing what is happening to the other channel that rides that QAM.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to nyc fios 123

MVM

to nyc fios 123
said by nyc fios 123 :

how does the ONT affect internet speeds?

An ONT can limit your upload speed in two ways.
1) The 610 ONT I referred to earlier is limited to an upload speed of 29Mbps. If you're on a tier with an upload speed of 35Mbps, you won't get full upload speed. If you had a 610 ONT AND you upgraded to 35/35 or higher, VZ SHOULD have replaced the ONT.
2) Some ONTs have 100Mbps WAN interfaces. If you have a speed tier greater than 100Mbps, the you need an ONT with a 1Gbps WAN interface. Again, if you upgraded to a 100Mbps or higher tier AND you had a 100Mbps WAN port, VZ should have replaced your ONT.
If you don't meet either of these two cases, the tech is not supposed to replace your ONT unless there is a problem.
said by nyc fios 123 :

Will a new ONT improve my FIOS tv?

No.
blacksnake8
join:2010-02-04
New York, NY

blacksnake8

ok this is OP and i checked NIKHD and it is out too. So that means I have a coax issue with 855Hz QAM? So this rules out Tivo and means I have some sort of signal or coax cabling issue? Is this a slam dunk for the tech? Do i need to tell them anything specific other than the obvious?

I checked my ONT but could not find any model number. But my plan is definitely 75/35 and i consistently get speeds of 83/33 when i check on speediest. Can I hit 33 if max speed of the 610 is 29? If i am a bit short does that mean i don't have the right ONT? Frankly I prefer not to touch the ONT if it has nothing to do with the QAM issue as I have had no connectivity or tv issues in forever. Where is model number on the ONT anyway?

Again thanks for the help.