spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Swanee99

@mcleodusa.net

Verizon is a joke, always has been, always will be...

When will Verizon realize that a paying customer, regardless if it's DSL, POTS, FIOS or otherwise, is still a paying customer? Retaining existing customers, even in this day and age, is still much cheaper than finding new customers. Every Telco has to report customer churn to the financial community every quarter and are allways "qualifying" this churn-rate with one excuse or another. This thinly veiled excuse to move customers from DSL to FIOS will drive paying customers away in droves.

As a happy DSL customer, if my service-provider (not living in a Verizon area) did this, I would happily look at other service providers or do without. After all, I only want what I want, nothing more. Most Telco customers are already looking for that last push away from wire-line services anyway, and here it might be.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

said by Swanee99 :

When will Verizon realize that a paying customer, regardless if it's DSL, POTS, FIOS or otherwise, is still a paying customer? Retaining existing customers, even in this day and age, is still much cheaper than finding new customers. Every Telco has to report customer churn to the financial community every quarter and are allways "qualifying" this churn-rate with one excuse or another. This thinly veiled excuse to move customers from DSL to FIOS will drive paying customers away in droves.

As a happy DSL customer, if my service-provider (not living in a Verizon area) did this, I would happily look at other service providers or do without. After all, I only want what I want, nothing more. Most Telco customers are already looking for that last push away from wire-line services anyway, and here it might be.

Verizon has ways of hiding & delaying the reporting of customer churn.. for example, they don't let you out of your end of date billing. They can take 2 - 3 MONTHS to give you a FINAL BILL (and refund any OVERPAYMENT!). In which time they keep marketing to you sending you flyers phone calls and other shenanigans. Sure, they disconnect you when you cancel, but the process of "NOT BEING A CUSTOMER" can potentially be a LONG DRAWN OUT PROCESS!

However, I disagree that Verizon was always bad. The original CEO when FIOS came out did have the right course.. but it got corrupted by vodafone & shareholders & now the company will reap what they have sown.