how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON

[Voip.ms] Voicemail hangs up?

I have my cell phone configured to forward to a Voip.ms DID that goes straight to voicemail. With my old Bell voicemail, I could dial 9 to get the password prompt and access my voicemail. I've tried dialling every key with Voip.ms: 1-0 do nothing, # skips to the beep and * hangs up.

I was reading here: »Voip.ms - anyway to access voicemail, from outside.... that one should dial * to get the prompt, but I've been unable to do so. Is there any way to access my voicemail without DISA? Thanks.

Qsig

join:2009-05-18
Kanata, ON

Yep, just tested it here. I'm on Montreal and pressing * hangs up.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3
reply to squircle

Hi Guys,

I just tested this function with all servers, and was able to replicate the hangup with Montreal and Chicago servers. Other servers gave the proper prompt.

We'll investigate and get back to you. If you have support ticket opened, it will be updated there.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to squircle

Now working properly when pressing * on voicemail prompt.

You will be asked only for your password to access the voicemail account.

Please not that not all our servers have received the software update yet (Should be done within a few weeks)

New Behavior: Chicago, New York, Montreal, Toronto when you press * you will be prompted only for your password

Old Behavior, until these servers receive the software update: Houston, Dallas, London, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa: When you press & you will be prompted for your voicemail extension and then the password.

Thanks for your patience and the reports. Once we finish rolling out these software and hardware upgrades, we've got some nice surprises for you coming in the feature department.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric

said by MartinM:

Thanks for your patience and the reports. Once we finish rolling out these software and hardware upgrades, we've got some nice surprises for you coming in the feature department.

Good to hear!

DoctorStinky

join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME
reply to MartinM

While I love (pleasant) surprises, the features I'm looking for should be fairly unsurprising