spc
uniqs
joe_h
join:2010-05-26
Las Cruces, NM

joe_h to groebke5

to groebke5

Re: [Qwest] CL Data Caps are REAL.

Exactly. It's quite easy now to hit a 250Gb threshold without downloading anything illegally. That argument is old and tired. I also find it comical that you're comparing the 8Gb you download on your Verizon phone to a normal DSL line. You don't really think that the Netflix feed you're getting on your smartphone has the same quality as a HD stream to your desktop, do you?

What happens when 4k streaming becomes available?

Data caps need to be abolished altogether.
luckmann
join:2004-06-27
Albuquerque, NM

1 recommendation

luckmann

After getting notified about my cancelation due to bandwidth use via letter I called and told CL that I no longer wanted service. At that time I was told that there was no way the disconect for exceeding bandwidth could be reversed with the exception of upgrading to a business account. I explained that I had already contracted another provider and didnt want thier service and since they were disconecting me anyway to go ahead and get rid of the phone and all service. I was told at that time that even though I got a letter that they dont disconnect based on bandwidth and that I wouldnt loose service. Sure enough the 27th of Feb. came and went and they didnt disconnect. In fact they didnt disconnect until yesterday even though the number was ported on the 27th. As to the gentelman that had such great insight into how impossible it would be to go over the 250gb cap without doing something illegal. I have downloaded several large data files from my university that have to do with demographics (census data for the last 70 years) as well as my normal streaming and downloading and since i put a new router in on the 27th when I changed service I have downloaded somewhere around 36gb and that is with streaming hd video (dont know how many hours but several shows), so there is no way I was going over the cap let alone downloading between 10 and 30tb as CL claimed. I am glad I have left the company and gone somewhere else. I am much more satisfied with comcast and since at this time they have no data caps I am happy. But if they do institute data caps in the future I will be happy to upgrade to business especially since even as a residential customer i now have native (not RD as CL has) IPv6 and much better ping times.