spc
Search similar:

uniqs

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Order of the Stick

I know this is not PC game related, but I figured most of you would enjoy this.

I stumbled onto this comic by stumbling onto its kick starter project to reprint them. Read a few, it's cute! I think only a game/rpg player can really appreciate it though.

»www.giantitp.com/comics/ ··· 001.html

-----------------

Here's the author's description on kick starter:

What If I've Never Heard of The Order of the Stick?

Why, then you're missing out on the finest tale of comedy, action, and adventure ever to be serialized on the internet using brightly-colored stick figures. The Order of the Stick is a webcomic by Rich Burlew (me), started in 2003 and continuing ever since. It tells the tale of the eponymous band of heroes living in a fantasy roleplaying game world as they struggle to overcome their enemies, their environment, the rules of the game, and their own crippling incompetence (not necessarily in that order of importance). Much of the story is available for free on my website, Giant in the Playground, too.

The story starts here, though be warned that the art is pretty crappy at that early stage, and the roleplaying game references are numerous and dated. But it gets better after that, such that I would rate the current art as "less crappy" and the gaming references as "virtually unnoticeable." It's not for everyone, but if you enjoy a fantasy epic that doesn't take itself too seriously while still delivering a good story, you might like it.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I read 001-732 while deployed in Iraq. I follow the comic now once a week and read all the new ones.

Great time killer =D

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

I really have to give this guy another plug. I've read like 400+ of his comics now and I've never laughed so much. I'll be sad when I run out (he has like 700+ so far).

His kickstarter to republish his comic had a goal of $52K and he ended up with $1.2M. Shows how popular he is!

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
I'd never read these before, and I'm only on #20...but holy shit...#20 fuckin killed me. Literally laughed for like 5 min.

Evan's Spiked Tentacles Of Forced Intrusion!
Wait...what?

It's almost possibly sig worthy.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
I used to read it since it first started... started losing interest at around 600, from what I remember.

Still a great read... but it was just hard to stay interested and keep following it after about 7 years.