Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[Caps] Streaming SiriusXM on Comcast

I upgraded my SiriusXM subscription to streaming since the car is sitting in the driveway inoperable.

My question is will streaming SiriusXM (audio streaming) take up a lot of bandwidth. I get a warning about heavy data usage when I open the app.

The reason I ask this is that Comcast may reinstate caps and I want to get an estimate on how much data this uses. It will also be helpful to know as I use the heavily capped VZW mobile broadband.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
You should be running some utility that monitors your bandwidth usage while steaming to see what you are consuming in real time.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to IowaCowboy
I apologize as this is not a direct answer to your question, however, two things to keep in mind is:

1. There are no caps at this time to worry about

2. Even if/when there are, you would get a warning before having to worry about anything.

As far as it taking up a lot of data? I am thinking that not so much, however, do keep in mind that many folks who stream SiriusXM may be doing it from a mobile connection such as LTE, where even that level of data streaming can get expensive.
--
Deeds, not words

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10

1 recommendation

reply to IowaCowboy
FWIW, audio streaming is not really all that bandwidth intensive as say video streaming is.

Mo Bytes

@comcast.net
reply to IowaCowboy
If played 24 hours per day, a typical 128 kilobit audio stream would consume approximately 1.28 Gigabytes per day.