spc
Search similar:

uniqs

robbie
@199.115.229.x

robbie

Anon

Does the C897VAW have fans?

I was wondering if the C897VAW have fans. Browsing over the cisco site I found these links, but it does not mention anything about the wireless model having fans or not. Does anyone know if they do?

Thanks

»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod ··· tem.html

»www.cisco.com/en/US/docs ··· -860.pdf
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

897? You sure about that model? Or are you referring to the 887?

Any particular reason why you're interested?

Regards
bigsy
join:2001-07-18
ireland

bigsy

The OP may already have answered his own question, as page 1-38 of the linked pdf states that only the following 89x models have no fans:

• Cisco 892FSP
• Cisco 896VA
• Cisco 897VA
• Cisco 898EA
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to robbie

MVM

to robbie
Thanks for pointing that out bigsy See Profile. Now the question is why the OP is looking for fanless equipment.
Looking at this particular model of router and have noise concerns?

Regards

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by HELLFIRE:

Thanks for pointing that out bigsy See Profile. Now the question is why the OP is looking for fanless equipment.
Looking at this particular model of router and have noise concerns?

Regards

non-intrusive cpe, unable to tolerate white-noise, picky significant other?
i can go on ;-P

q.
aryoba
MVM
join:2002-08-22

aryoba

MVM

I myself have been doing upgrade to my home lab/production gears, from 2600XM to 1800 series router, and from 3550 to 3560 switch due to white noise issue. At first the 2600XM were quiet, but after years of dust collecting; they had been noisier.

To keep my wife's sanity, I have been successfully replacing most of the gears. The idea is that (at least) same IOS functionality, no white noise, smaller size, less-consuming power (yes, I had mine up 24/7/365), and powerful enough to support ever-growing Internet bandwidth need

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by aryoba:

To keep my wife's sanity

the only excuse that matters.
i was the single guy that had an hp dl360g4p running in his bedroom the entire time -- along with a mix of 2811s, 2821s, and various switches. i even benched a few c6k's (on 110v, of course) in my apartment.

those days are gone now. my fiance locks me in my home office now that my lab is running. when we go to bed -- she ensures the door is shut.

i now know who will make the decisions on what gear will go in the house for internet and lab ;-P

q.
aryoba
MVM

aryoba

MVM

said by tubbynet:

i was the single guy that had an hp dl360g4p running in his bedroom the entire time -- along with a mix of 2811s, 2821s, and various switches. i even benched a few c6k's (on 110v, of course) in my apartment.

those days are gone now. my fiance locks me in my home office now that my lab is running. when we go to bed -- she ensures the door is shut.

i now know who will make the decisions on what gear will go in the house for internet and lab ;-P

Another way to maintain noisy gears while keep your sanity is to co-lo them, which you can always VPN in to connect

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by aryoba:

Another way to maintain noisy gears while keep your sanity is to co-lo them, which you can always VPN in to connect

our office is relocating and will be losing lab space (its mostly sales folks anyway -- the real engineers all work out of their home).

and co-lo doesn't work when you need kit to connect into the internet.
however -- i've pretty much sold her on the "coolness" of having cisco phones around the house. i've got a 7945 and (3) 7942s i can install using wireless bridges around the house. i think the elitist factor appeals to her. i just need to get through my ccie to get some time to work all of that up.

q.

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_ to aryoba

MVM

to aryoba
If you have money to burn, sure. Most of us can take the hit on the electricity bill, but spending a couple of hundred more per month for a fraction of a cabinet in a DC somewhere is not economical.

I would prefer to "co-lo" at work, and I did do this at one stage. We were lucky enough to have a room set aside for a lab. So I hooked everything up on a console server which was accessible via corp VPN, and would VPN in to work to connect to the lab. I stuck some of my own gear in there to bulk it up and give me more to play with.

Pic: »Network testing/staging

Even had a microwave link in the mix.
aryoba
MVM

aryoba

MVM

Nice spaghetti you have there

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19