spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Chadd

@comcastbusiness.net

What the heck is Charter doing?

I was just notified that my 100mbit subscription will be going up by $15 per month and they will not help bring any prices down by bundling with phone/cable tv. They told me I would need to get the 30mbit in order to qualify for a bundle. Are they trying to phase out 100?

I was sure prices would start to go DOWN and speeds would go up, not cost more...

FYI I'm in southern Wisconsin.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
»Is Charter trying to get rid of the 100Mb internet plan?
--
The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year!

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Chadd
said by Chadd :

I was just notified that my 100mbit subscription will be going up by $15 per month and they will not help bring any prices down by bundling with phone/cable tv. They told me I would need to get the 30mbit in order to qualify for a bundle. Are they trying to phase out 100?

I was sure prices would start to go DOWN and speeds would go up, not cost more...

FYI I'm in southern Wisconsin.

welcome to monopoly usa

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
Yes,
Welcome to Monopoly, USA and Charters version isn't nearly as fun as Milton Bradleys version!!

Other than that, who the heck knows what Charter is doing as they obviously don't know themselves, most of the time!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

gfry22
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Lakeville, MN
Tommy Boy Rutledge Ceo charter decided to make 2 tiers. 30 mb and 100mb. I am currently on 100 mb. I wanted to downgrade to 30 mb. But if I wanted to re-upgrade to 100mb it will cost me $200 to reactivate. Slimy monopolizing greedy charter f'ers. My bill went from 89.99 to 102.99. Internet only. Cancel the home phone and get OOma, no tax. Cancel the TV and get Netflix. Tell Charter NO!

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to Chadd
If you peruse this forum, you'll see that this is a common theme. Charter is arbitrarily raising prices regardless of pricing agreement (contract) status or time.
They are trying to force everyone to the 30/4 plan and they are trying to goad everyone into a "bundle".

You may be confused because for a while, Charter was making a few moves to become more "customer-centric". It seemed to be working. That has all been trashed. They've thrown the baby out with the bath water.

Now it's all about no choices and higher prices.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
The degree of greed and profiteering is astounding under this new CEO Tom Rutledge and his new team of executive manglement.

I'll be hanging around for the next four weeks to see if the rumored reintroduction of the 15mb tier with a lower price materializes, if it doesn't I'm cancelling and headed to ATT.

It doesn't look promising ...but I don't bluff, I will be cancelling in the next month if another cheaper plan doesn't arrive.

Tom ain't gonna get his daily chopper ride between his McMansion and his office paid for by me.