how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

madismumma

join:2013-03-07
Bellefontaine, OH

DSL Full?

We used to have DSL thru CenturyLink in Ohio until I cancelled it last fall. Now I want to re-start my service but every time I call I basically get told that all the DSL plugs are full so there is no room for me to hook back up.

I live out in the country, so DSL is my best option and the only one that is unlimited.

One rep told me that they would be increasing the amount of plugs in my area, but when will it happen? No one can tell me that.

I tried again last week and thought I managed to get hooked up. Until someone called the next day to tell me that there were no open spots available.

What do I have to do to give CenturyLink my money?

pooker314

join:2005-04-12
Brush Prairie, WA
said by madismumma:

What do I have to do to give CenturyLink my money?

Well, you could do what a lot of people on this board do and simply send them money without getting any service (sorry, that one sort of wrote itself).

But seriously, unless there is some development in your area that might motivate them to increase capacity (or some indication from current residents that there is a need), it might be impossible to get them to do anything.

Out of curiosity, what did you do during the period when you didn't have DSL?

madismumma

join:2013-03-07
Bellefontaine, OH
reply to madismumma
I added a hotspot to my Verizon account to use when we went camping. and then ended up cancelling the DSL, not realizing how much internet we actually used.

There was an article about other free/low cost options - freedompop.com, clear.com, netzero.com, yourkarma.com - But they don't have coverage so far from the major cities.