Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to RKB_t

Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog)

Comcast won't have even 30% of its markets on the On-Screen Guide 2.0, 3.0, X1 or even X2; I would say even within the next ten years! They are so slow and behind the times it's actually amazing they do so well? A report came out the other day which said that VOD rentals are much better on other providers because their GUI's are updated and users can actually see and navigate to what they want to see. Comcast's OnDemand is almost impossible for normal everyday cable users and forget about older people. Hell sometimes it's hard for me to find a show as they may have it on one of 20+ categories where it doesn't belong!

5th
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
said by FifthE1ement:

Comcast won't have even 30% of its markets on the On-Screen Guide 2.0, 3.0, X1 or even X2; I would say even within the next ten years! They are so slow and behind the times it's actually amazing they do so well? A report came out the other day which said that VOD rentals are much better on other providers because their GUI's are updated and users can actually see and navigate to what they want to see. Comcast's OnDemand is almost impossible for normal everyday cable users and forget about older people. Hell sometimes it's hard for me to find a show as they may have it on one of 20+ categories where it doesn't belong!

5th

I read something similar today. Here is a link to that article:

»www.mediapost.com/publications/a···MsLGndaw

On an individual basis, however, some of the cable operators (such as Comcast) do score as well among consumers for VOD services as the telecom companies, Crupnick says. For the study, NPD only measured movies for which a separate per-movie-rental fee is charged, as opposed to movies that may come as part of a premium subscription, such as HBO or Comcast’s Streampix.