Search similar:

uniqs

IIgs
Premium Member
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

IIgs

Premium Member

BELL "ACCIDENTALLY" PULLS MY TSI-DSL; 6th time!!

Before going any further, please read this discussion thread I started October last year...

In a nutshell, late last year Bell Canada "accidentally" pulled out my DSL line card (and later even disconnected my POT telephone voice line!) not once, but 5 TIMES between October and November 2012. Apparently due to a database error, my Teksavvy Internet service was lost for several weeks.

WELL, IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. AS OF THURSDAY, MARCH 7, 2013, MY DSL LINE CARD HAS BEEN PULLED AND I HAVE NO INTERNET SERVICE.

Yep, this is now the 6TH TIME I'm experiencing what they call a pull-in-error!

I am at a loss for words, at the end of my rope dealing with this crap. TSI is working on trying to get this resolved through Bell, but based on my previous experiences, that could be days...weeks even.

Meantime the CRTC will not help me and refers me to the CCTS. The CCTS say they cannot help me, and refers me to Bell's Executive Office. Called them and I get put through to front-line billing, and told there is no way to directly speak with them, plus, I'm a Teksavvy customer so it's Teksavvy's fault.

Right now I'm using dial-up (1.5K/sec) on one of my old laptops which still has an analog modem. For all intents and purposes, I am cut off from the world once more....this is UNACCEPTABLE and I'm MAD AS HELL.

Don't know what else to do at this point, I just can't keep reliving this nightmare over and over every few months....this has got to STOP!

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

Damn...sorry to hear that...mine has been pulled twice over 5 years...not as bad but I know the feeling.

Try and request that Bell put a tag on your card to lower the possibility of a tech pulling your card....unless of course they dont care.

Are you being put back on the same remote when they get you re-connected?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
Hey IIGS,

I am currently on the phone with a Bell Director... I found out what happened. I will be getting back to you shortly with an update. Just want to make sure I work with Bell to get the ball rolling to restore services.

Thanks,

Andre

Stay Tuned
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug to IIgs

to IIgs
In the past 12 years or so, it's happened about 4 times to me. Two of those times was within a period of 2 weeks.

I was told by a tech that they don't properly tag these things (because they don't care), and the Bell database doesn't have record of installs for 3rd party resellers, even though it's done by them.

It's always been fixed within 1-2 business days though.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
Still on the phone with him while is on the other line with the people needed to fix this

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
Really sorry to hear this IIGS. I followed your previous thread and was outraged as well. You are 100% right, this shit has to stop.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
Hi IIGS,

So here is what happened. I spent the last 30 minutes on phone with the Bell Wholesale Director of Repair and Bell Wholesale Director of Business office (may not be their actual titles but that is what they do )

It seems that recently, you called Bell to adjust some of your Bell Phone features and when these changes were processed, the Wholesale DSL order, AKA "USOC" was removed and the Retail one was added.

Since this change was done last night, it seems that the CO framework was pulled.

They are working the order as we speak and there is a chance that the physical work can be completed tonight, providing the CO is manned and if not, a tech will be dispatched first thing tomorrow which I will be notified of updates by the Bell Wholesale Repair Director.

After speaking to both directors there, it seems that this situation and how the "USOC" changes even were permitted to be done were a complete mystery and will be investigated further to be prevented.

I'll keep you posted. Once again, I am sorry this happened to you...

Thanks,

Andre
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to IIgs

to IIgs
Man... a this point I would just change to cable...
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

said by kovy7:

Man... a this point I would just change to cable...

+10 !

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
Thanks for reaching out to me directly IIgs... I've gone straight to the top right away with it. Hope you're back up soon.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
Not that this will bring any comfort to you... but it seems to me that this was a different issue all together than the others.

...if nothing else, you're helping them find the bugs!
kovy7

kovy7

said by TSI Marc:

Not that this will bring any comfort to you... but it seems to me that this was a different issue all together than the others.

...if nothing else, you're helping them find the bugs!

I assure you, this is nothing new...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

no doubt.. you've got people who report directly to George who heard about this one. Hopefully that helps.

kragop
join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON

kragop to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Excellent customer problem resolution (CPR). Really impressed by the ownership displayed by TSI Andre.

Terrible
@videotron.ca

Terrible to IIgs

Anon

to IIgs
said by IIgs:

WELL, IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. AS OF THURSDAY, MARCH 7, 2013, MY DSL LINE CARD HAS BEEN PULLED AND I HAVE NO INTERNET SERVICE.

Unbelievable.

As I said the first few times this has happened to you, contact the Montreal Gazette Tech guy. Explain to him how both the Nations Regulator and their arms-length puppets at the CCTS blew you off.

Get it printed.

You know it's going to happen again...
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to IIgs

to IIgs
You always have small claims court

SHARPSHARK
join:2002-05-10

SHARPSHARK to IIgs

to IIgs
Been fine for 5 years here in Anjou. I feel lucky.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs

[insert emoticon for disbelief]

Did you do something bad to them in a previous life, or in an alternate dimension ?

I know you stated reasons previously for not going to cable, but surely if cost is one of them, the value of your loss of sanity on the DSL side has to count for SOMETHING in order to make cable worth it.

OY !

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by Davesnothere:

Did you do something bad to them in a previous life, or in an alternate dimension ?

I know you stated reasons previously for not going to cable, but surely if cost is one of them, the value of your sanity on the DSL side has to count for SOMETHING to make cable worth it.

OY !

I wonder if Marc could post satistics of Bell related vs Rogers related tickets with TSI, but I've had 3 disconnects (plus 2 city wide outages) with Rogers in less than a year. DSL never gave me an issue in a 1 and half year run, but I couldn't live with 5Mbps any more. There's no guarantee he will have less of a headache with cable internet service.

Just my 2 cents.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

said by Davesnothere:

Did you do something bad to them....

I wonder if Marc could post satistics of Bell related vs Rogers related tickets with TSI....

Being in Montreal, the OP would have a Videotron wire for a cable feed.

Not sure whether they would fare any better in the type of comparison which you mentioned.

BTW, Bell has caused me grief regarding my service itself on multiple occasions, but only as part of doing something which I had requested from themselves, Allstream, or TSI (pick an occasion), unlike most of IIgs's issues which mostly appeared out of the blue.

And Bell's billing (errors/dishonestly/inconsistency) has been a sore point for me too, but I'll not spill everything again here - if you want to read those sorts of things, my post history can be searched.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
After the third time I would have already jumped to cable and never went back. Even though it probably is a bug in the system, it always seems personal when those types of issues occur.

And yeah unfortunately IIgs, there isn't much recourse except let TekSavvy force Bell to fix it or get some compensation. Once it goes to the CCTS, all they are capable of doing is compensating you for downtime.

DrZEUS
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

why is everyone saying they would jump to cable when cable has it's own problems and probably worse off depending on which POI you're connected to. I don't know what's worse, being disconnected by Bell for your DSL service or dealing with horrible speeds and congestion on cable that goes on for months on end in many cases.
kovy7

kovy7

said by DrZEUS:

why is everyone saying they would jump to cable when cable has it's own problems and probably worse off depending on which POI you're connected to. I don't know what's worse, being disconnected by Bell for your DSL service or dealing with horrible speeds and congestion on cable that goes on for months on end in many cases.

Maybe in Rogers land... but not Videotron.

When you lose your DSL for atleast a week or more for about 6 time... even having cogestion would be better.

DrZEUS
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

said by kovy7:

said by DrZEUS:

Maybe you're right but Rogers land = a ton of customers.
kovy7

kovy7

said by DrZEUS:

said by kovy7:

said by DrZEUS:

Maybe you're right but Rogers land = a ton of customers.

Well Montreal = Videotron land... and Videotron upgrade quicker.

IIgs
Premium Member
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

1 edit

IIgs to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre

It seems that recently, you called Bell to adjust some of your Bell Phone features and when these changes were processed, the Wholesale DSL order, AKA "USOC" was removed and the Retail one was added.

Just a case of Bell incompetence layered upon more levels of incompetence.

You should know Bell screwed up and pulled my Call Waiting on my phone line. Another Bell "mistake". I called in last night to have it restored--simple, right? Well Call Waiting is back, but now, somehow, they pulled out my DSL.

They are working the order as we speak and there is a chance that the physical work can be completed tonight, providing the CO is manned and if not, a tech will be dispatched first thing tomorrow which I will be notified of updates by the Bell Wholesale Repair Director.

Going by previous experiences, that CO is not manned, so this won't be looked at until tomorrow.

Worse is they will want to send a tech to my apartment, screw around with my wiring, wasting time, only to determine..."Gee, guess what, the customer's line card really was pulled out". That tech won't have access to the CO, so it'll have to be done the next day. I JUST WANT THEM TO PLUG ME BACK IN **NOW** AND LEAVE MY LINE CARD ALONE! The process is several days of investigating whether or not the fault lies on my end or theirs. Even after it's been determined my line card has been pulled, the process never changes.

After speaking to both directors there, it seems that this situation and how the "USOC" changes even were permitted to be done were a complete mystery and will be investigated further to be prevented.

Bell Canada, in its entirety, is a complete mystery to me! There is something fundamentally wrong with this organization, I have never seen so much incompetence and deceitfulness from a company...EVER! I'm not just talking about this issue, I've unfortunately helped several friends and family members with Bell issues that are absolutely maddening (billing errors, provisioning errors, mix ups, lies, misinformation, etc).

I'd serious consider moving to cable at this point, only issue is I'd lose my static IP for accessing TSI's Usenet service (I'm paying extra for that each month, it's something I use frequently). There is also the issue Videotron in my neighborhood is seriously congested. My former next door neighbor had her SD digital cable constantly pixelate and pause, and horrible cable Internet speeds. One of the reasons I switched her to TSI. Maybe things have changed but it makes me wary.

Incidentally....this problem started before I called Bell about losing my Call Waiting.

Yesterday afternoon my phone line went wonky. I got an incoming call, no one there, and my modem lost sync. A few hours later I lost sync again. Unusual, since in the 12 years I've had DSL on this line, I never once lost sync (excluding the Bell pulls). Then early this morning I found my profile had been changed from 6 Mbit down to 2.5 Mbit. A few hours later....bang, no sync, line card pulled!

Whatever the reason, this has to bloody stop!
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to IIgs

to IIgs
For people suggesting he should switch to cable... (especially commenting from Ontario ) Vidéotron hasn't been competitive in years. They are avoided like the plague by most people in Québec, if nothing else just out of spite for their horrible plans in terms of value per Gigabyte.
kovy7

kovy7

said by Cloneman:

For people suggesting he should switch to cable... (especially commenting from Ontario ) Vidéotron hasn't been competitive in years. They are avoided like the plague by most people in Québec, if nothing else just out of spite for their horrible plans in terms of value per Gigabyte.

We're talking about teksavvy cable... which uses Videotron and Roger...
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman

said by kovy7:

said by Cloneman:

We're talking about teksavvy cable... which uses Videotron or Roger...

Tomato tomatoe. TPIA Videotron cable is still Videotron. Videotron is a cheerleader, not an ISP
kovy7

kovy7

said by Cloneman:

said by kovy7:

said by Cloneman:

We're talking about teksavvy cable... which uses Videotron or Roger...

Tomato tomatoe. TPIA Vidéotron cable is still Vidéotron. Vidéotron is a cheerleader, not an ISP

What ? You must be joking... Teksavvy cable do you get it ???