Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Dalionath

Re: Gaming computer

said by Dalionath:

everybody has a opinion

But not every opinion is valid. I have no problem catering a build to your preferences, but don't expect that opinion of AMD CPUs to hold any water against any remotely educated PC hardware enthusiast.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Dalionath

join:2013-03-06
Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB
i know but i never overclock my stuff so idk annyway...

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB
reply to Krisnatharok
kris would there be a amd that would be equal or better then the intel you did for me?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
5th post of this thread for the i3. Don't think AMD has anything comparable to the i5.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Dalionath
said by Dalionath:

kris would there be a amd that would be equal or better then the intel you did for me?

The FX-4170 is equivalent to the i3-3220. At no other price point is there a competitive AMD product.

That said, however, initial tests show the AMD FX-8300 besting all but the most expensive ($1000 level) Intel CPUs at Crysis 3, which loves multicore processors. »Crysis 3 CPU Benchmarks: Vengeance of Multi-Core

The latest CPU match up is here--feel free to read and ask any questions you may have on it: »Tom's Bargain Gaming CPU Matchup: February 2013
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

5th post of this thread for the i3. Don't think AMD has anything comparable to the i5.

Yeah, the Phenom II X6 1100T. If you can find one.

The FX-8350 nearly matches the 1100T in performance, but it is $200 online ($170 in-store at Microcenter), so it's another notch up the price scale.
--

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB
reply to Krisnatharok
ok thx kris that was really helpfull

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by Dalionath:

ok thx kris that was really helpful

The Intel Core 500/600/700/800/900 chips were roughly equal and in direct competition with AMD's Phenom II X4 and X6 chips.

Once Intel released Sandy Bridge (Intel Core 2000 series), AMD did a face-plant with its Bulldozer architecture. Bulldozer was actually a slide backward, and performed worse than AMD's own Phenom IIs. Then Intel released Ivy Bridge (Intel Core 3000 series), which increased the delta between AMD and Intel. AMD came out with slightly more powerful Piledriver versions of its FX chips, which put them back on par with the Phenom IIs, and in some cases surpassing them when overclocked.

That said, the 8350 is an attractive option at $170. Makes me wish there were better AMD motherboards out there.
--

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB
very interessting

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB
well yesterday i just fuck up my laptop.. :S its completly fried so i will be building a computer in a couple of weeks probably i hope so lol