uniqs

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs

Re: BELL "ACCIDENTALLY" PULLS MY TSI-DSL; 6th time!!

Hi IIGS,

So here is what happened. I spent the last 30 minutes on phone with the Bell Wholesale Director of Repair and Bell Wholesale Director of Business office (may not be their actual titles but that is what they do )

It seems that recently, you called Bell to adjust some of your Bell Phone features and when these changes were processed, the Wholesale DSL order, AKA "USOC" was removed and the Retail one was added.

Since this change was done last night, it seems that the CO framework was pulled.

They are working the order as we speak and there is a chance that the physical work can be completed tonight, providing the CO is manned and if not, a tech will be dispatched first thing tomorrow which I will be notified of updates by the Bell Wholesale Repair Director.

After speaking to both directors there, it seems that this situation and how the "USOC" changes even were permitted to be done were a complete mystery and will be investigated further to be prevented.

I'll keep you posted. Once again, I am sorry this happened to you...

Thanks,

Andre

kragop
join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON

kragop

Excellent customer problem resolution (CPR). Really impressed by the ownership displayed by TSI Andre.

IIgs
Premium Member
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

1 edit

IIgs to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre

It seems that recently, you called Bell to adjust some of your Bell Phone features and when these changes were processed, the Wholesale DSL order, AKA "USOC" was removed and the Retail one was added.

Just a case of Bell incompetence layered upon more levels of incompetence.

You should know Bell screwed up and pulled my Call Waiting on my phone line. Another Bell "mistake". I called in last night to have it restored--simple, right? Well Call Waiting is back, but now, somehow, they pulled out my DSL.

They are working the order as we speak and there is a chance that the physical work can be completed tonight, providing the CO is manned and if not, a tech will be dispatched first thing tomorrow which I will be notified of updates by the Bell Wholesale Repair Director.

Going by previous experiences, that CO is not manned, so this won't be looked at until tomorrow.

Worse is they will want to send a tech to my apartment, screw around with my wiring, wasting time, only to determine..."Gee, guess what, the customer's line card really was pulled out". That tech won't have access to the CO, so it'll have to be done the next day. I JUST WANT THEM TO PLUG ME BACK IN **NOW** AND LEAVE MY LINE CARD ALONE! The process is several days of investigating whether or not the fault lies on my end or theirs. Even after it's been determined my line card has been pulled, the process never changes.

After speaking to both directors there, it seems that this situation and how the "USOC" changes even were permitted to be done were a complete mystery and will be investigated further to be prevented.

Bell Canada, in its entirety, is a complete mystery to me! There is something fundamentally wrong with this organization, I have never seen so much incompetence and deceitfulness from a company...EVER! I'm not just talking about this issue, I've unfortunately helped several friends and family members with Bell issues that are absolutely maddening (billing errors, provisioning errors, mix ups, lies, misinformation, etc).

I'd serious consider moving to cable at this point, only issue is I'd lose my static IP for accessing TSI's Usenet service (I'm paying extra for that each month, it's something I use frequently). There is also the issue Videotron in my neighborhood is seriously congested. My former next door neighbor had her SD digital cable constantly pixelate and pause, and horrible cable Internet speeds. One of the reasons I switched her to TSI. Maybe things have changed but it makes me wary.

Incidentally....this problem started before I called Bell about losing my Call Waiting.

Yesterday afternoon my phone line went wonky. I got an incoming call, no one there, and my modem lost sync. A few hours later I lost sync again. Unusual, since in the 12 years I've had DSL on this line, I never once lost sync (excluding the Bell pulls). Then early this morning I found my profile had been changed from 6 Mbit down to 2.5 Mbit. A few hours later....bang, no sync, line card pulled!

Whatever the reason, this has to bloody stop!

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

said by IIgs:

There is also the issue Videotron in my neighborhood is seriously congested. My former next door neighbor had her SD digital cable constantly pixelate and pause, and horrible cable Internet speeds.

The issues with SD digital cable have nothing to do with congestion, since it's a broadcast medium. It indicates one of three things: too weak a signal, too strong a signal, too much noise. Those things could also cause problems with cable internet, and don't have anything to do with congestion (but instead a bad signal).