dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« UpgrayeddI'm Happy »
This is a sub-selection from I refuse...
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

Kearnstd to silbaco

Premium Member

to silbaco

Re: I refuse...

said by silbaco:

I'm curious. Why refuse to go to cable? It almost has to be faster than what you have, assuming it is available.

Some people still think cable is bad because it is "shared". I personally have never had any issues with cable in the two states I have lived in. In fact I have found that cable is less picky about line quality than DSL.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 recommendation

CylonRed

MVM

said by Kearnstd:

said by silbaco:

I'm curious. Why refuse to go to cable? It almost has to be faster than what you have, assuming it is available.

Some people still think cable is bad because it is "shared". I personally have never had any issues with cable in the two states I have lived in. In fact I have found that cable is less picky about line quality than DSL.

How good cable is largely depends on how good the design of the build out was and who lives around you. More older folks - potential for less problems with an ok design. The more young folks - the better the design needs to be - in general.

I hate TW with an absolute passion and will do almost anything not to go to them...

hyphenated
@mycingular.net

hyphenated to Kearnstd

Anon

to Kearnstd
Yeh this head end or something is a little wishy washy but it works I guess :/ (most of the time, from what ive seen) $80 for "7/1" - didn't even try it. Even if Comcast bought them out and offered me 50/10 I would still keep my DSL 6/.5, at least a dual wan. Our DSL has slways been great around here. I'd really rather have some vdsl or fiber than cable co, any day.

Yeh cable still has issues half of the time, I've see a 50/10 running around 2 or 3 down at times and recently folks with trouble when it rains, imagine that. Cable is affected by these sort of things also.

Someone just get me s solid 10/10 with low latency that i can afford already

Good grief
« UpgrayeddI'm Happy »
This is a sub-selection from I refuse...