uniqs

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to clueless01

Premium Member

to clueless01

Re: TWC dallas just a matter of time before 8 ch. downstream?

All of DFW was Comcast but was handed over to twc for the merger.
Snowknight26
join:2011-04-06

Snowknight26 to motorola870

to motorola870

There we go.

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by Snowknight26:

[att=1]

There we go.

Not in 75063.
chris_dfw
join:2001-07-18
Dallas, TX

chris_dfw

no in 75219 One question why does mine show QAM64 and the others here TDMA

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

this project will likely take a few weeks to complete so not everyone is going to have 8 downstream channels this week. Last time they increased the downstream channel count from 4 to 6 it took 3 weeks so it will probably be till the beginning of may before everyone is covered with 8 downstream channels. got to work on each CMTS and they only do a few hubs at time so they can make sure everything is going to go okay.
motorola870

motorola870 to chris_dfw

to chris_dfw
said by chris_dfw:

no in 75219 One question why does mine show QAM64 and the others here TDMA

ATDMA on the SBG6580s in North Texas basically means QAM64 modulation is present as the upstreams are mixed mode modulated as they have both QAM16 and QAM64 so if there is noise on the line the modems revert to QAM16.
motorola870

motorola870

anyone else get 8 channnel bonding yet?

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by motorola870:

anyone else get 8 channnel bonding yet?

Not in 75063.
creedrulz
Premium Member
join:2003-08-11
Dallas, TX

creedrulz to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
I have 8 channel bonding here in 75206

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Click for full size
8 channel bonding now active in Arlington near the city owned Airport.
motorola870

motorola870

I am guessing that a lot of Arlington was upgraded to 8 channel bonding over the last two nights as I spoke to internet support on monday and they mentioned maintenance monday night and tuesday night in Arlington was planned. I am betting that at least Hub 34 was upgraded over the last two nights. I know that hub 34 covers an area that goes from around UTA to the south near the Arlington office to interstate 20.

warlock56
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Dallas, TX

warlock56

Premium Member

Yep, I don't know which night but all of this area is now on 8 channels.

Now if they can work on getting the upload speed increased just a little.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by warlock56:

Yep, I don't know which night but all of this area is now on 8 channels.

Now if they can work on getting the upload speed increased just a little.

I know that my modem went out around 2:45 am wednesday morning and about 20 minutes later it came back on with 8 channel bonding.
Lee Norman
join:2013-02-10
Princeton, TX

Lee Norman to motorola870

to motorola870
Sooo, ... you work TWC - Dallas NOC? You mention multi vendor presence. What brand/s CMTS are used there? And, you say there're only 9 at your NOC? Is that the only NOC for the DFW area as a whole?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Lee Norman:

Sooo, ... you work TWC - Dallas NOC? You mention multi vendor presence. What brand/s CMTS are used there? And, you say there're only 9 at your NOC? Is that the only NOC for the DFW area as a whole?

no I don't work for TWC but I have asked what the node number I am on and was told it was a 34 series node. Also I believe the NOC is in Irving where the call center is and they do have a few sites around the metro that have the huge C-band satellite dishes behind the building at least two that I know of one in Arlington and one in East Dallas and I believe Plano has one too. There were two CMTS vendors in the metroplex a few years ago with Cisco 10k CMTS and ARRIS C4 CMTS I don't know if they still have the Cisco 10ks but the CMTS I am on is a ARRIS C4 and I was on a Cisco 10k for the longest since I got roadrunner internet service in early 2010 until late 2011.

warlock56
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Dallas, TX

1 edit

warlock56

Premium Member

Yes, I believe their NOC is in Irving, however I do know TWC has a "main" NOC in Austin. My reason for saying that is that I've seen a couple of install sites for business class service from them and they clearly have a 512 area code number posted in case someone needs to call for service.

On another note, is all of our routing going through Houston? When I get home later I'll post a traceroute of, say, the route to dslreports.com. It's like all traffic from TWC's network has to go through like 6-7 hops before it even leaves their network entirely.

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
Still nada in 75063, about 1/2 a mile from the TWC center @ Royal & Belt Line.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by chamberc:

Still nada in 75063, about 1/2 a mile from the TWC center @ Royal & Belt Line.

well I am guessing they could be going from Hub 10 to 60 in order? I noticed areas in the 10 series hubs had 8 channel bonding almost a month ago and last week 30 series hubs had 8 channel bonding so I would assume that the 20 series hubs had 8 channel bonding 2 weeks ago and this week the 40 series hubs will have it I am betting and then next week Hubs 50-51 and 60 series wil likely be done as they are very small (Greenville/Commerce and Wichita Falls). I would check in the morning and throughout the week Chamberc to see if you have 8 channel bonding. I believe that Irving is Hub 41 and Grapevine is Hub 40, Plano Hub 20, Garland Hub 1F, Colleyville Hub 3B, Arlington (Hubs 31,32,33,34,35,36,37), Greenville Hub 50, Wichita Falls Hub 60 . This I am gathering from memory on the hub work that was listed on the old network status page. so be on the lookout I was expecting 8 channel bonding to be turned up in my area during the third week of upgrades like they did last year as my node was finished on the end of the 6 channel rollout schedule.
epicam1981
join:2010-05-22
Dallas, TX

epicam1981 to motorola870

to motorola870
Click for full size
Just got 8-Channel bonding in the North Oak Cliff Area 75203.
chris_dfw
join:2001-07-18
Dallas, TX

chris_dfw to motorola870

to motorola870
Now live in 75219
cmbuzzkill
join:2013-05-16
Dallas, TX

cmbuzzkill

Click for full size
75201 -- downtown Dallas

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
Finally got it this afternoon in 75063 on the 75/5 plan.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by chamberc:

I noticed that TWC seems to be replacing cabling Arlington for some reason as I saw one section of ariel line have a spool hanging waiting for install and then I saw today a spool of Coax sitting next to an amp pedestal while on the way home from the grocery store. I wonder if this is being done so TWC can rollout faster upload speeds and they are replacing faulty or old cabling? I wonder if they are going to respace the upstream channels to 2 3.2MHz wide and 2 6.4MHz wide channels?

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
8 downstream channels are live up here in 75033 (Frisco) now, too.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

I noticed that TWC seems to be replacing cabling Arlington for some reason as I saw one section of ariel line have a spool hanging waiting for install and then I saw today a spool of Coax sitting next to an amp pedestal while on the way home from the grocery store. I wonder if this is being done so TWC can rollout faster upload speeds and they are replacing faulty or old cabling? I wonder if they are going to respace the upstream channels to 2 3.2MHz wide and 2 6.4MHz wide channels?

I've actually seen "contractors" doing something like that here in Columbus OH too -- Stringing new cable along the current Time Warner trunks.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
It's to replace damaged cable. Pretty much ANY undamaged coax can support 0-50 Mhz of the upstream band.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by DocDrew:

It's to replace damaged cable. Pretty much ANY undamaged coax can support 0-50 Mhz of the upstream band.

I was thinking they are replacing the damaged cabling to be able to go to 6.4MHz wide upstream channels as right now TWC is using 3.2MHz upstream channels and might have noise issues with some older/damaged cabling and is replacing it to be able go 6.4MHz wide.

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
Sounds like damaged express or new build out to a business class.

FieldMgr
@verizon.net

FieldMgr to motorola870

Anon

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

said by chamberc:

Sure it was coax and not fiber ? More likely to do node splits than overlay new coax.

Tabletu
@rcn.com

Tabletu to Jabbu

Anon

to Jabbu
Business class is often over the regular residential network but wih different customer prem equipment and SLA