Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan

Re: Where to find ethanol free gas.

Dang, never have seen the 'may contain ethanol' sticker here yet. Might be just in the larger cities? I don't know.

Thanks for the info though.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

said by Juggernaut:

Dang, never have seen the 'may contain ethanol' sticker here yet. Might be just in the larger cities? I don't know.

I can't speak for Canadian rules and don't know if this is a US rule or maybe just for Ohio, but I believe that if the ethanol content is below a certain percentage, they don't have to claim that there's ethanol blended in.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

I don't know the rule either, and I suspect it would be state by state. I do know around here that stations advertise when they have "pure" gas, with a label on the pump stating it is ethanol free. Our local shell has a sign by the road stating their premium is ethanol free.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
Here, it's posted. We seem to only use 10% maximum, or none at all but I can't verify that.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

im pretty sure petro canada has ethonol free gas, have u tried them? or you can find a sunnoco somewhere? btw all the sunnocos converted to petro canada, and some converted to husky, actually to think about it husky might have ethonol free gas too, try them? and stay far away from shell, they have so much ethonol its not funny

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by Pauly:

im pretty sure petro canada has ethonol free gas, have u tried them? or you can find a sunnoco somewhere? btw all the sunnocos converted to petro canada, and some converted to husky, actually to think about it husky might have ethonol free gas too, try them? and stay far away from shell, they have so much ethonol its not funny

I heard that the only PetroCan stations that have ethanol-free gas are the ones that sell 91 but DO NOT SELL the 94 stuff. If they sell 94, the 91 will also have ethanol. AFAIK Shell 91 is still eth-free. In any case always check the sticker on the pump.