spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Linda7

join:2013-03-07

[Bill] Comcast vs. Verizon

I live in Boston and was wondering if I order Comcast phone service at my office, will I get charged all of the FCC, USF, taxes, etc. that get slapped on my bill with Verizon? Does anyone else from Boston have Comcast phone service at work?

Thanks,

Linda

cferro

join:2003-07-27
Jersey City, NJ
You should call Comcast and ask about fees connected with phone service.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
reply to Linda7
If you call and give your service address the CSR's computer can calculate your exact (within a penny or two) bill including all current fees and taxes.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to Linda7
Of course you will be charged those fees and don't forget the $7/month equipment fee that Verizon would not charge you for a phone line.
--
PRescott7-2097

saratoga66

join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA
said by joako:

Of course you will be charged those fees and don't forget the $7/month equipment fee that Verizon would not charge you for a phone line.

REALLY????

You are not as smart as you think you are.

While every area is different I don't pay even a quarter of the "taxes" on my Comcast line compared to what I pay on my AT&T line. I don't pay a modem rental fee either.

Linda7

join:2013-03-07
reply to tshirt
I called in and all they could tell me was 'roughly 10%'.
:/
Linda

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Sorry I should have said call BILLING or a sales line, some of the tech line CSR either can't or won't help with billing questions.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to saratoga66
I didnt get near the fees with comcasts phone as verizon. Pretty sure the only fee i paid with comcast was the 911 fee. I saved around 14 dollars in fees. I dont have either for phone service any longer but investigated some fees for a friend that has verizon and around here verizon charges a lot of fees comcast doesnt. More than made up for the modem. In checking what the fees were for found out altho they sounded like they went for fees. Really just added to verizons bottom line. I mean really wouldnt you think regulatory recovery fee went to the government. Nope straight to verizons pocket. Accept the 911 fee verizon gets to keep them.