Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

[Help] Brakes

My Honda CR-V (2002) will be needing brakes. I was looking into buying them from Amazon.com. She has ABS if that helps. I don't know which is best for my vehicle.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
kudos:2
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect

1 edit

Click for full size
said by Boricua:

My Honda CR-V (2002) will be needing brakes. I was looking into buying them from Amazon.com. She has ABS if that helps. I don't know which is best for my vehicle.

»www.rockauto.com

Get Wagner ThermoQuiet.

--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

Your image is showing mixing of pads front and rear. Normally you want the same type of brake pad material front and rear (aka all 4 corners the same). Either all Semi-metallic or all Ceramic, not mixed across the different axles.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

TheTechGuru

TEXAS
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect

1 edit

said by Doctor Olds:

Your image is showing mixing of pads front and rear. Normally you want the same type of brake pad material front and rear (aka all 4 corners the same). Either all Semi-metallic or all Ceramic, not mixed across the different axles.

According to the catalog SM is OEM front and CER is OEM rear.

One of my cars has SM OEM front with organic OEM rear.
--

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

The Rock Auto Catalog or the OEM's Catalog? Sometimes on rare occasions Rock Auto is inaccurate being they are Aftermarket and rely heavily on what the OEM releases to them.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

TheTechGuru

TEXAS
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect

said by Doctor Olds:

The Rock Auto Catalog or the OEM's Catalog? Sometimes on rare occasions Rock Auto is inaccurate being they are Aftermarket and rely heavily on what the OEM releases to them.

RockAuto, but OReilly's seems to show the same thing.
--

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

OK, cool. It is good to double-check things like that when the front and rear brakes don't show the same formulation since that isn't normally how the majority are built/designed.
--

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to Boricua

Thank you all.

Phoneman63

join:2001-02-22
Hauppauge, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

If you use RockAuto, here is a 5% discount code.

Using Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your parts order total. Orders using discount codes must be placed online. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.
--
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"