share rss forum feed

Confidence

join:2011-07-22
Buford, GA
Reviews:
·Charter

1 edit

[HSI] Modem not connecting in metro Atlanta area

My Cisco DPC3008 modem isn't connecting. I woke up this morning to my modems Downstream and Upstream lights blinking green. I called up Charters CS and needless to say, they were no help. Anyone know what I can do? My modem status is just saying it's "scanning" and give me the tab to edit the DS frequency, US ID, Start frequency and US channel. It never gave me the option to this before my modem connect.

Anyone have ideas on what I can do?

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17

What, specifically, do you mean by Charter was of no help?

My suggestion is to call back to Charter, do what they ask you to do and if that doesn't work then ask to be escalated to level 2 or a supervisor....something to that effect, anyway. Just hanging up the phone is frustration isn't going to get your problem solved.

msmisfit

join:2004-09-13
Lawrenceville, GA
kudos:2
reply to Confidence

I haven't had any problems today, but I don't have a Cisco modem. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions. I responded, only because I'm in your vicinity.

Have you tried the reboot routine a couple of times?

passerby

@charter.com
reply to Confidence

Do you have Charter TV service also? If so, is it working? Wondering if you might have been disconnected in error.

Confidence

Buford, GA
reply to Confidence

Welp, I decided to call back again and got my problem resolved within a minute or two. Guess I just had a newbie CR. Thanks for the responses guys.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Might be helpful to some one else coming by to say what Charter might have done to fix the issue.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Premium
join:2012-06-11

Yes, please follow up and let others know what resolved your problem.

Confidence

Buford, GA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to cork1958

Well they reset my modem on there end is what they told me they did. The reason we were having issues is that we called up earlier for a problem about our service address and I guess we had a small misunderstanding that led to our service being disconnected. Not 100% on the details.