share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

[Laptop] Getting more life out of battery, how much will it help

I haven't owned a laptop in over 17 years with a working battery. I have a brand new G580 with a 6 cell battery, and I recently heard that there was a Lenovo program to extend the service term of the battery by reducing how high it is charged.

How much does it help? It seems that it charges to only 55 percent of full capacity, or about 2 hours of use.

Also, I asked in the manufacturer forum which battery do I buy and a mod/tech there asked me with version of the G580 I have, the 2189 or the 2689. I see no marking on the laptop with either number, and no nine digit number either. only a 5 digit number which I cannot read because the text is so small, but I think it says 20160 or 20150.

I cannot use their battery shopping tool because it asks for numbers that are not on my laptop anywheres.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

bbrcat
RIP Lisa
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-09
NH
kudos:3

Re: [Laptop] Getting more life out of battery, how much will it

Seems like a moot point if it is a lithium ion battery.
--
Team
Discovery