All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

WhyNoUpload
join:2013-01-15

WhyNoUpload

It hasn't even been a week...

I'll use this connection as much as I want, I am paying for it. I can't wait to see how much it'll be at the end of the month.

We should have a contest on who can rack up the most gigs in a month!

and btw, I don't care if you think I'm part of the problem or it's people like me that ruin it for the rest. pssssh

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by WhyNoUpload:

and btw, I don't care if you think I'm part of the problem or it's people like me that ruin it for the rest. pssssh

I think you underestimate the amount of data modern networks carry. Google measures in petabytes (could even be exabytes now). They've gone by terabytes and gigabytes are ancient history. 919GB is less than a speck of fly shit on a wall. You'll need to do a lot better than that to make a dent. And you'll need to do it in seconds not days..............

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL to WhyNoUpload

to WhyNoUpload
I keep thinking that I should do an unlimited plan... but I think my highest usage has been 120 in a month.

I cannot imagine what I would be doing to need that much (not saying nobody could/should... just saying I cannot fathom it for myself)

* I do not have cable. All my TV viewing is via netflix, network streaming and downloaded shows. I guess I do not watch that much TV...

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to WhyNoUpload

Premium Member

to WhyNoUpload
said by WhyNoUpload:

I'll use this connection as much as I want, I am paying for it. I can't wait to see how much it'll be at the end of the month.

[att=1]

Yes, let's have a contest so Rogers can start limiting us again!

WhyNoUpload

WhyNoUpload

Aren't they going to do that at the end of the month?

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by WhyNoUpload:

It's supposed to be long term for those that sign before March 31.

It might be short term though if too much abuse, like before.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to WhyNoUpload

to WhyNoUpload
said by WhyNoUpload:

Customers with unlimited right now, will keep their unlimited tiers as long as they don't change tiers after the promo expires. Also if Bell continues to offer unlimited beyond March, you can bet Rogers will too.

WhyNoUpload

WhyNoUpload

So if i change from ultimate to extreme plus I lose unlimited? That's not what the rep I talked to said. He said I could change speeds but I lose unlimited if I close the account.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by WhyNoUpload:

So if i change from ultimate to extreme plus I lose unlimited? That's not what the rep I talked to said. He said I could change speeds but I lose unlimited if I close the account.

Because these are NOT unlimited ADD-ONS, but they are different TIERS that include unlimited usage, changing your tier after the promo expires could cause you to lose your unlimited usage. Notice on your bill, you see one line item, compared to Bell where you see a line item for your internet tier, and a separate line item for unlimited usage?

However, when Rogers grandfathers a residential product, the code remains active in the system and can typically be added by anyone. This is why when Rogers started requiring D3s for the Express tier, customers were still able to get it with D2s as reps were adding the grandfathered code to prevent escalations. There are some rare exceptions where they only enable the codes for certain departments. We'll just have to wait and see if Rogers does in fact discontinue the promotion at the end of March, and see how Rogers organizes the codes once the promo is discontinued. If Rogers leaves the codes active in the grandfathered section, a rep could theoretically change you to another unlimited tier once the promotion expires. If they hide them, then you'll lose your unlimited if you change tiers.
Albo
join:2013-02-21
Etobicoke, ON

Albo to WhyNoUpload

to WhyNoUpload
ahahaha im only at 250gb of usage within 10 days so i got another 20 days to still i have plans to soon buy a 3TB HD and just download the internet :P

WhyNoUpload

WhyNoUpload

One of my computers has 12TB and that's not including all the external hard drives connected to it. As of now my usage is at 1150 gigs, but of course like elitefx said that's nothing in 2013. The funny thing about this is I'm not even using torrents, I'm just backing up my data to the cloud.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by WhyNoUpload:

The funny thing about this is I'm not even using torrents, I'm just backing up my data to the cloud.

Start.ca and Teksavvy don't count upstream bandwidth used towards a cap. Only downstream. Just another fun fact how Rogers rips us off..........

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

20TB of External HDD's 6 3tb 1 2tb