how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anveo
Premium
join:2010-02-08
kudos:3

[Anveo.com] Next Evolution of SIP Call Flow module. Ideas?

Hi Everyone!
I would like get your feedback on the proposed change to SIP Call Flow module.

We had a number of internal debates on how to improve SIP Call Flow Module and make it even more powerful and still easy to use module. However, we can not agree on the best approach to achieve that so I am turning to you for help.

One of the most common questions we get is "how can I configure a failover if my SIP/ATA device is offline" ?

Right now SIP Call Flow module has only one [N/A] (no answer) outgoing connector and sets Call Flow variable with SIP transfer status (offline, not answered, busy etc).
While it is possible to use NESTED IF call flow item to evaluate the result and route handle the call based on the status it is not intuitive for most and makes call flow look more complex than it is.

We consider a number of changes

1. Split SIP Call Flow module into 3 separate Call Flow modules
* SIP DEVICE - to transfer to SIP device registered with Anveo
* SIP URI - to transfer to some SIP URI
* SIP RING GROUP - to work with ring group of SIP devices connected to Anveo the same way the current SIP Call Flow deals with Ring Groups

2. SIP DEVICE Call Flow module will have 4 outgoing connectors
* [N/A] - a call was not answered
* [BUSY] - SIP/ATA device is busy
* [ON CALL] - SIP/ATA device has another call

3. SIP URI module will have 1 outgoing connectors
* [N/A]

4. SIP RING GROUP module will have 1 outgoing connector
* [N/A]

What do you think? Please share your feedback as we always welcome new ideas.

Thanks!

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:13
It sounds like an excellent improvement.

I'm not clear on the difference between Busy and On Call.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
said by Mango:

I'm not clear on the difference between Busy and On Call.

Busy = DND?

amd64now

join:2007-04-01
Orleans, ON
reply to anveo
Add:

2. SIP DEVICE Call Flow module will have 4 outgoing connectors.

phoneuser

join:2012-12-19
New York, NY
reply to anveo
I gather that BUSY means that the device reports 486 BUSY HERE, and ON CALL means that the device is currently handling at least one other call (inbound or outbound).

I wonder what other approaches you've considered. In any case, what you propose would be an improvement in that the options are clearly exposed as connectors, rather than requiring checking of a "hidden" Call Flow variable further downstream.

Another approach, which could be applied to other Call Flow modules as well, is to stay with a single module but present and require for validation all (and only those) connectors which are appropriate for the current module configuration. For transfer to a device, present all four; for transfer to a URI or ring group, present one. For IRoute, present connectors only for the routes which are configured, not always the maximum of five (plus continue); for Transfer, present only the configured destinations (plus N/A). For Goodies, add Fax Detect as a configuration option, and expose the Fax connector only if that option is chosen. And so on. I understand that this isn't as easy as what you're doing now, and there's some value in exposing all the options up front. It's not a big deal, but I was puzzled at first by the need to connect all these useless (to me) connections, and it does make the final Call Flow a bit sloppier.

cybersaga

join:2011-12-19
Welland, ON
reply to anveo
I'd use it, for sure! I did already figure out how to use an IF to do that, but I haven't tested it yet. Having it all in one module would be much simpler.

USCAN

@eastlink.ca
reply to anveo
As a soon to be Anveo customer I would like to see option 2. SIP DEVICE Call Flow module with 4 outgoing connectors.

This option will allow for a simpler failover setup for new users.