uniqs
share rss forum feed

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

Speed upgrade great for a few hours then terrible

I upgraded from Max Plus to Max Turbo today, online and the process went very smoothly. My speed upgrade was in place within 5 minutes, and worked great for several hours.

Good Test

A few hours later though my speed started dropping. I have rebooted my gateway and my download speed is still terrible, upload is fine however.

Here is the speedtest screenshot and shots from UV Realtime:

Bad Test

Gateway Stats

Error table

Interfaces

Bitloading

Does anyone know what may be going on here?

Should I post over in the direct forum for help, or are there some issues going on here affecting more than just me?
--
Best of luck

"Do, or Do not, there is no try!" Yoda

Mangix

join:2012-02-16
united state

It looks like your line is bad. Probably the inside wiring.

Kett2000
Premium
join:2002-04-23
Sunnyvale, CA
reply to jtudor

Looks like 1 or more bridge taps on your line from looking at the bit-loading graph... I had a bit-loading graph that looked like that until At&t finally fixed it... It look over a month and 3-4 outside plant tech appointments for them to finally track it down...

Schedule an At&t appointment and be persistent, tell them it appears there are bridge taps on your line
--
Bivek Networks, LLC | Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Lenoir (NC), New York City, San Jose (CA) | AH.FM Online Radio USA Relays | Snapgr.am Free Image Hosting | FLV2audio.com Youtube-MP3 Converter | YouSaved.it Cloud Hosting and more...

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC
reply to jtudor

AT&T rolled a truck within 90 minutes of my call.

The tech found a bad splice outside, and a bad wall cable (which was installed by the original tech when I first got U-Verse.

He also replaced the RG and all seems to be well now.

The main issue seemed to be the wall cable.

With the original cable connected to his test set, occupancy was at 90% but dropped to 47% when he connected directly to the wall jack.
--
Best of luck

"Do, or Do not, there is no try!" Yoda

Kett2000
Premium
join:2002-04-23
Sunnyvale, CA

Glad to hear it's resolved. =)