share rss forum feed

Konaguy
Live From Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Kailua Kona, HI
kudos:1

Hawaii Neighbor Island Road Runner Speed Increase

I found out it may be between three to four months before (possibly longer) the reclaimed analog spectrum bandwidth is reallocated to neighbor island high speed Internet (Road Runner) and high definition TV services. This means we'll have to wait a little longer for the speed increase (to 15Mbps) for the standard Road Runner tier.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Konaguy:

I found out it may be between three to four months before (possibly longer) the reclaimed analog spectrum bandwidth is reallocated to neighbor island high speed Internet (Road Runner) and high definition TV services. This means we'll have to wait a little longer for the speed increase (to 15Mbps) for the standard Road Runner tier.

interesting so this means that they are possibly going to wait to rearrange the QAMs and add the additional QAMs for DOCSIS and SDV on the Hawaiian islands besides Oahu?

Konaguy
Live From Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Kailua Kona, HI
kudos:1
said by motorola870:

interesting so this means that they are possibly going to wait to rearrange the QAMs and add the additional QAMs for DOCSIS and SDV on the Hawaiian islands besides Oahu?

Yes, this is the case based upon my conversations with Oceanic. The reallocation also involves moving all the HSI and HD QAM into a more uniform alignment, as far as I understand.