All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DAM6
join:2013-03-08
Beverly Hills, CA

DAM6

Set modem Arris TG862 in to bridge mode?

I'm trying to get my backup working correctly and I need the modem in bridge mode. I call WOW tech support and the guy said I couldn't do this, does anyone know what/why? I wish I could do this myself, but admin/password doesn't allow me to login to my modem.

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

Jim Kirk

Premium Member

I believe if you do a hard reset on the modem the password will be reset to the default. I had to do it on my modem when I lost the password, and everything still worked (ie: no call to WOW to reconfigure anything).

Setting it to bridge mode is pretty easy. Once you get logged in, go to the LAN Setup tab and change the NAT setting to Bridged.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to DAM6

Premium Member

to DAM6
said by DAM6:

I'm trying to get my backup working correctly and I need the modem in bridge mode. I call WOW tech support and the guy said I couldn't do this, does anyone know what/why? I wish I could do this myself, but admin/password doesn't allow me to login to my modem.

If you can provide me with your account number, phone number, and the name on your account in a private message, I can have this taken care of for you.
DAM6
join:2013-03-08
Beverly Hills, CA

DAM6

Sent, thank you.