The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
Reviews:
·Power-Net Intern..

2 recommendations

I am grateful for the theft...

Yes I am very happy that all you guys in the mid-west south of Michigan and over on the east coast took all our snow this winter. I was able to walk down our road almost any time I wanted to this winter. I only had trouble shoveling the snow once. We had two inches of very heavy wet snow that the blower could not move and it took me half a day or so and seven trips out to clear it. Not bad.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

I'm waiting until next winter to by a new snow scraper (old one broke)
I think its time to fall-ahead to spring now.

So those who were hard hit, hopefully can take it, or can hide out 'til it passed by.
I also hope the farmer's get a better growing season than last year.
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
Reviews:
·Power-Net Intern..
reply to rfhar

Our local farmers were hurting last spring but this year there is more moisture on the ground waiting to melt. last year we had a drought that started the fall before and lasted till July. Corn yields were very poor but the local soybeans growers hit it very lucky, we got three inches of rain the third week of July...just in time.

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
kudos:1
reply to rfhar

Youre very welcome!

lonnyb
Blessed Beyond Belief
Premium
join:2004-01-25
San Antonio, TX
reply to rfhar

That's not snow, that's solid sunshine!!
--
I know when to fold 'em *ALL THE TIME!*

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to rfhar

My day today:

Bus this morning (I get up at 4:45, catch bus early) was late. On the way to the transfer place, the driver did something dumb and the bus got stuck in the snow. We waited for a while and he told us to walk the rest of the way. Walked to transfer spot and waited for replacement bus (I normally just stay on the same bus).

Got to work late, no time for the bathroom, worked feeling like crap.

Was asked to stay extra hours, but there was a near blizzard so elected to head home rather than get stranded with no bus service if the called off the buses.

Bus came after 55 minutes standing in the wind and snow, late again.

Got to transfer place 10 minutes late, missed transfer, so took other bus that drops off a half mile away from home. Walked towards home through mud and slush being splashed on me from cars (sidewalks not usable), and slush/mud/water up to 5 inches deep. Walked under major overpass and right as I did, plow went down it overhead and a huge wave of slush came down all over me, soaking me completely.

Walked up a slippery hill home and took a hot shower and now feel a cold coming on.

But you know what? I am glad to have winter. After the heat where I lived before here, I'll take this. I just wish I had a real job and my family with me.

Oh well, a normal day, just a wet cold one...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

howieh
4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

If I was you, I don't think that I would bother buying a lottery ticket today. Today doesn't appear to be your lucky day.
--
Hey Buddy, can you spare a cycle? Join Team Helix

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

2 recommendations

Hah hah. But Howieh:

Lucky #1: Acting boss so valued me he wanted me to stay and do more!

Lucky #2: Got stuck in the snow closer to transfer place than home, at least able to walk there as needed and arrive soon enough for other bus.

Lucky #3: Got to work "late", but able to clock in before actually late!

Lucky #4: Might be coming down with cold, but I've gone almost 2 entire seasons without the flu or anything but digestive distress.

Lucky #5: The overhead plow missed my head, my entire pants got soaked, but thankfully, I have tomorrow off so I can wash them before work (I go to sister's to wash, no laundry here).

Lucky #6: I can still walk, think, and keep my cool. I still have all of you here. I'd feel just fine with everything IF I could JUST be with my woman and son...

But no, won't get lottery ticket today, tomorrow yes...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to rfhar

rfhar: To show your gratitude in REAL style, give me ONE lottery number for powerball. I'm playing tomorrow one ticket, and maybe Howie can bless it...

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to signmeuptoo

said by signmeuptoo:

But no, won't get lottery ticket today, tomorrow yes...

The glass is certainly half full!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

of Brandy... Oh, ok, but it COULD be...