All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Aleksandar
join:2010-12-08

Aleksandar

USG 20 behind IP Passthrough

Hi I have another problem. USG 20 that was connected via pppoe and l2tp and ipsec was working. Now we changed ISP and we received router that cannot be configured in bridge mode. So we configured one interface in IPpassthrough. From the remote location I cannot connect , but if I configure on the remote location ip pass through to laptop, I CAN connect.
It has obviously something to do with IP Passthrough. I know that this option is not pure bridge mode, but can someone help me to configure VPNs to work ?
Thanks !

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

IP Passthrough, never heard of it????
JPedroT
Premium Member
join:2005-02-18

JPedroT to Aleksandar

Premium Member

to Aleksandar
Enable NAT-T for IPSec on the USG and see if you there is some ALG for PPTP/L2TP/GRE in the new modem.
Aleksandar

Aleksandar

Hi ,
thanks for your fast answer,
@Anav - IP passthrough - it is a kind of a bridge mode. So router (pirelli) will still be router for IPTV, VOIP, Internet, and it should act as modem for the device behind that is plugged into ip passthrough port - in my case USG 20.
@ JPedroT - NAT-T is enabled but still nothing, and I must say that it seems that I go through more steps within phase 1 than with NAT-T.
New modem doesn't have VPN possibilities.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Well that is cool. So Aleksandar, are you saying.

a. the USG 20 has an IP passthrough mode that can be used at the same time as normal WAN mode.

b. Is this for the same wan connection ie, on the same modem connection you can assign a VLAN to a WAN interface for internet and then assign a Passthrough VLAN straight to the ISP for IPTV.

c. or do you have to use another Wan IP number??
Aleksandar

Aleksandar

Hi Anav, in my case I have a Pirelli Centro Grande and USG 20. On Pirelli I have IP Passthrough possibility, and on USG you probably have ( I was not able to find it ). With IP Passthrough I can lock to one port. I doubt that you can assign different VLANs.
You need one port for wan, second for IPPassthrough, third for DMZ, ....
--------int-----wan!!!!-------/LAN port, DMZ port, IP Passthrough port(that leads to ---->to USG 20 port ( so that USG can have public IP)

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Okay too complicated for me and besides, I would rather not trust a tire manufacturer to do my routing.