garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to josephf

Premium Member

to josephf

Re: [Google Voice] Obi, Google Voice and CallCentric

I'd route it through CC, if for nothing else than to take advantage of their call treatments on the inbound side. Nice to use black and white lists to handle junk calls. We've also used it to redirect SOME numbers based on time of day, a very nice feature to use.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

said by garys_2k:

I'd route it through CC, if for nothing else than to take advantage of their call treatments on the inbound side. Nice to use black and white lists to handle junk calls. We've also used it to redirect SOME numbers based on time of day, a very nice feature to use.

Doesn't Google Voice have most of those features itself?

HC Sinclair
@optonline.net

HC Sinclair

Anon

said by josephf:

said by garys_2k:

Doesn't Google Voice have most of those features itself?

Some, but not all.

More importantly, in my experience the Call Treatments from CallCentric are much easier to use than the controls from GoogleVoice.

See here for previous discussion of some GV annoyances.
»Google Voice issues

--------------------------

Yes, GV is free. But even free wears out after a while if innovation is dead.

Anveo, Voip.MS, CallCentric, and others, continue to innovate in diverse ways.

GV seems frozen in time, as the parent company has gone on to other things. That is unfortunate all around. Even GV forum support seems to be getting steadily weaker.

It's ironic that the major advance in GV has been from totally outside groups such as Obihai and Simonics, not even officially recognized or acknowledged by Google.