Premium Member
join:2002-01-08
Belle Vernon, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Steimes

Premium Member

said by Mike:

How about a DLC to remove the in game advertising lol

You know it is sad that I don't even think twice about that any more. WOW and Domino's team up and I think nothing of it.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

said by Steimes:

said by Mike:

You know it is sad that I don't even think twice about that any more. WOW and Domino's team up and I think nothing of it.

WOW and Mt. Dew with the battle bot robot fuel.
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to Mike

to Mike
said by Mike:

There is no in game advertising.
barfinup
join:2013-03-13

3 edits

barfinup

said by 90115534:

said by Mike:

There is no in game advertising.

Technically there is, you can place signs in front of most of your buildings advertising themselves (like a police sign out the front of the police building)
Plus on the billboards for things like the Stadium, they have adverts for EA and SimCity on them

Can't say I've seen any traditional ads, EA and the Sim franchise (Sims, Sim City, etc) seem to go out of their way to have "adverts" that specifically don't advertise any real product - they're big on "simlish"
'Das deeba la pap, gabidah'

As for DLC, I'd like my city to have something to do once it's established, like a 'What Next?' patch - a deeper tech tree to unlock, bigger larger regional projects that can add to existing ones - why not build a solar farm to provide power for that arcology? How about a space shuttle launch pad on the roof? That arcology was great, but let's build something -really- big..

Once you build a regional project, you should be able to commission an 'Add slot to regional project' project which gets more expensive each time, but unlocks a new improvement slot just like you upgrade the Town Hall and Mayor's Mansion.

Plus the ability to connect the regions, so you aren't limited to trading between 4 cities - each region should be able to build a "Super highway" project which connects your entire section to another, then when each section of the region is linked we can all join up and make a Monolithic Mega-Structure in the middle, like an Alien Reception Centre - adds alien trade and tourism to all cities in the region and unlocks an entire new branch of technology for the university to research new buildings, alien workers could further improve industry production (the way educated workers currently do)...

Some regional research projects would be nice too, so everyone can contribute

I mean they forced us to play online, now give us a -reason- to

It just feels like half a game at the moment